StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
319 Posts
Why does EVERYTHING happen on that weekend???

If I could replicate myself 5 times, I still wouldn't have enough people for all the stuff I want to do that weekend...

Man, the bike insurance would be a killer with 6 people, too.. :lol:

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same problem..

I was happy when I found that because I could not get away Memorial weekend, my #3 son graduates high (keeping fingers crossed). And I really wanted to do the "Around the Lake Ride", but will wait until next year.

·
Registered
319 Posts
And I really wanted to do the "Around the Lake Ride", but will wait until next year.
What lake?? Crystal Lake?? Wonder Lake?? :lol:

I did the loop around Lake Superior last year. Had a great time, but I'd have to admit that 3 nights/4 days isn't enought time when riding from the IL/WI state line.. So much to see..

I had an eagle grab a fish and fly only 15' over my head as it rotated the fish head first in it's talons, water still dripping... One of the coolest things I've ever seen on a bike.. No time to catch it on camera, but it's caught in the movie screen in my mind for eternity... 8)

It was also fun to watch a buddy of mine as we rode into Ontario.. He'd never been out of the country before and I think he was a little freaked out the entire time..

I think another loop around is in the works for this summer, too.. Between that and a trip out to Colorado on KLR's, it's gonna be a fun summer with all the day rides..

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sounds like the same ride. Last time I checked they were going to do a figure 8 around Lake Michigan and Lake Superior.

I was really looking forward to this when I saw the schedule conflict. Hopefully, I can get to it next year.

The TWiSTAR was the first ride I found after I noticed my conflict, and have heard from several other riders that this is a real good event. On on some great roads.

I am also going down to the Honda Hoot in Knoxville at the end of June.

My wife wants to go to South Carolina this summer with a few of the kids, I am trying to get the gumption up to suggest that I ride the bike and meet up along the way or at the hotel.

Wow that is more than anyone wants to know...
How is your summer lining up...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Only 4 days to go...

Are you going?

If you are do you want to join in on the ride up or should I be on the look out for you in Reddsburg?

I am meeting the a couple of riders in Gurnee. IL in the parking lot of the Friday's Rest. Grand avenue at Hunt Club Road, kick stands up at 9:30am.

We are then heading to the Citgo at Route 173 and Wilmot Road to meet some more riders ready to roll out at 10:30am...

From there who knows.....

Should be a great weekend.......

·
Registered
213 Posts
After checking the calendar I will not be going. Kid has got a soccer tourney this w/e. Since I missed the previous one for semi-riding reasons I best go to this one.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's a fun area. When it comes to riding styles though, my preference is to be a lone wolf. Yeah! I know thats a strange attitude for a pack animal. Riding, for me, is a lot about freedom. I prefer to ride at the pace that works for me at any point in time and not to have to be concerned about other riders.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Riding Alone

I do a lot of riding by myself, so I know what you mean. However, there is nothng like being shown a great new route.

I had the best time at the slimey crud run, mainly because the guys who lead our group new where they were going.

Besides the gas/food stops are more fun with others who just went the same way..... :p

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
My dream rally would be something like, "Here's a map of the fun roads and times and places for meal breaks". I'd rather talk with people than ride with them.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Pat,
If you wished for a bit of competition included in that, you sound like a perfect candidate for a road rally...

:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts