StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
U

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about making a V-Strom purchase.
I LOVE the engine.
Not in Love with the "looks" of the bike.
Has anyone created a naked version of their DL 1000 ?
If so , can you share some photos and your experiences ?

·
Registered
203 Posts
There was someone on the rapidforum, I'll try to find it.

·
Premium Member
233 Posts
It's just not the same without the right headlights :(

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
That looks okay. Kept the real headlites and added the little lites to the forks, look like the Blazers I have.

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Its a short term thing. I hadn't ridden for a week and, even though I was still in the middle of my wiring project, I threw the tank back on it so it was mobile.

Ya WW, I think they are similar lights to yours. I picked them up at Canadian Tire. Only concern is that they are 55w, but as you mentioned earlier, they take those MR halogen bulbs which come in a variety of wattages. Also wired my heated grips and 12V power outlet.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Heavy, the CT Auto lighting dept will have 20 watt yellow replacements for a deadly price but they are good for being seen, not for seeing with. Mine are on full time whenever I ride. But I am willing to bet they are not as noticeable as my headlites after I install my Kisan modulator.

·
Premium Member
1,684 Posts
With my previous bike (VF500) I rode always with high beam on at daytime. I was easily being seen by the others but it was not so disturbing.

When I picked up the DL I realised soon the high setting of its light beam. That went even worse when installed the lowering links. I reset the level to normal, so now they do not dazzle and I have the option to use the high beam when there is heavy traffic in front of me.
But once I need to do something on the bike which needs to remove fairing and/or the tank (and so the wiring will be accessible) I will install a 3 position switch.
pos. 1. (left) Left headlight on
pos. 2. (middle) Both headlight on
pos. 1. (right) Right headlight on

Reason:
1. I can save electric power sparing the alternator
2. I can spare the bulbs
3. I can luxuriate my wrenching mania
:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts