StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just about to order a centre stand. & trax cases from twisted throttle & seeing if anyone has dealt with the before & how long USPS shipping usually takes?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Twisted Throttle

Ditto for me. I've ordered quite a few things from them in the past year. They are a premier adventure/touring bike supplier located in Rhode Island. I've had good service from them. I had my orders shipped UPS to Ontario, Canada - as good on time as you can expect for transborder shipments (under a week). :thumbup1:

As for USPS service, I recently had an item delivered to me from Cycle Gear which took only 7 days (including the Canada Post end of it). Again, pretty good for transborder shipping. :-D

·
Registered
6 Posts
When I bought a new-to-me Strom, I ordered a bash plate, Givi side bag mounting brackets, a Stebel horn and various adapters and such.
It was easy, and they were here within a few days. Granted, I'm in MA, and they in RI, but it was quick and easy.

Steve

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Timr,

I have purchased a few things from TT on 3 different occassion in the last 3 years. The company itself is very professional and very quick in dispatching - no worries there. Their products are premium end of the market - so better price on same or clone may be found elsewhere. It's a good company to start on if u havent purchased from overseas before and feel a little worried.

USPS delivery really varies - of the many occassions i bought from US, some package arrives within 7 days after seller posted it, one didnt get here until 4.5 weeks after the posting. Most package got here within 2 weeks. There tracking system is not the best - Once the items has come through customs - u can call Aust Post to track the progress within australia.

good luck

Acerider

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
only bought here in USA - good service

only bought here in USA - good service

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the good news. Going to place the order this week. Another question, will a centre stand fit a vee with two bros pipes?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Here is a center stand on a Vee with a Two Brother's pipe. I've seen several pictures with Suzuki stands but not with SW-Motech. If that is what you are getting and nobody knows for sure, call or e-mail Twisted Throttle. Maybe they know. If it is a slip on muffler set using the stock pipes rather than a full exhaust, it will work fine.

·
Registered
532 Posts
TT are good to deal with, anything ordered from the states can take upto 6 weeks, mainly due to customs or shipping delays, the store will dispatch items immediately but USPS, Auspost and customs will all have thier processing time delays. It seems longer when you are waiting for your farkles

·
Registered
924 Posts
Thanks for the good news. Going to place the order this week. Another question, will a centre stand fit a vee with two bros pipes?
They're a good company to deal with. The only thing I'd suggest is to confirm that the items you're buying are in stock and not on back order. It's very frustrating if you've paid your money and then are left waiting for an indeterminate period.

Freight times can vary too. I've had stuff from Richland Rick and Eastern Beaver arrive in just a few days, yet items from other sources have taken up to a month for no apparent reason. Luck of the draw I guess.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Freight times can vary too. I've had stuff from Richland Rick and Eastern Beaver arrive in just a few days, yet items from other sources have taken up to a month for no apparent reason.
Over the last 6 months particularly arrival times for overseas goods have blown out by days and sometimes weeks. Aust Post and Customs can't keep up with processing the flood of stuff arriving via ebay or other online sellers with the exchange rate being what it is.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I got some bits from them , no problems at all. :thumbup:

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yeah mate ,I live in Sydney as well.I ordered my Motech centrestand from those guys earlier this year....no probs ..cheap too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts