StromTrooper banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
If the rusting problem really bothers you you can always paint the bolts with Tremclad. It paints over rust and stands up really well. As for the plastic plug I just put a spot of silicone seal on it and re-inserted the plug. So far it has servived 7000 odd Kilometers.

Looking at all the bash plates around I think I would go with the Enduro Guardian one the next time I one. It seems to be the strongest and the best bang for the buck. It also takes a side stand switch guard plate that is designed to go with it. I have added that plate to a Giving Trekker bash plate, but it did take some fiddling to get it installed.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
I have the Happy Trails SU rack on my 2012 DL650 and very happy except that some of the bolts are already rusting (Florida). Seems they should of used corrosion resistant fasteners.

I have owns two Happy Trails Center stands on my 2012 DL650a. The first one had a bolt fall off after less than 1000 miles use. Took a long time to get a new replacement center stand from Happy Trails as they were out of stock. They did replace it with a new one free of charge. Replacement center stand has had no issues for 2000 + miles except again the fasteners are rusting ... maybe I expect too much given the Florida weather and ocean 10 miles from me.

The plastic plug on the center stand kick down arm fell off both of the stands in a few days use.

Customer Service was spotty from Happy Trails ... I had more than a few phone calls and emails and they batted about 60% .....
I found the plug in the driveway one day after I had done some maintenance. I knew it had to come off the bike but couldn't find where after going over the entire bike. Drove me crazy. Thanks for solving the mystery!

·
Registered
66 Posts
I installed my center stand yesterday. It looks very well made.

I've dealt with their customer service on several occasions. On each occasion, they were extremely helpful and professional.

Personally, I couldn't ask for more. A quality product, manufactured by a small American firm, represented by professional and helpful employees.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Thanks for sharing the information of your experience with HT. I ordered a center stand & skid plate a week ago & I am waiting for them to ship the items to me. I'll update this post when I get an email saying the items are shipped.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I know this is an old thread but I just wanted to shout out to Tim and the happy trails team. I ordered a skid plate for my 2014 1000 and had lots of questions. I called and talked to Tim and he was extremely helpful, easy-going and answered all my questions. I told him that I had fought forest fires in Idaho when I was young and we probably spent a half hour talking about the beauty of the northern Rockies.
When I installed it I had another question so I called back and left a message. Tim called me back at 5:45 the next morning Boise time (7:45) here) and answered it. Couldn’t ask for better customer service and the product is solid and sturdy.
I’m pretty picky and I’m a fan.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Really happy with my Happy Trails. Pay attention to installation instructions. It's not hard but it is important. I'll never wear this stand out.
Center stand 1.jpg
Center stand 2.jpg

·
Registered
6 Posts
I like Happy Trails I just put their centerstand on it does take them a while to ship but their products are top notch

21 - 27 of 27 Posts