StromTrooper banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since my company celebrates MLK day and gives us the day off....So will I with a ride. I will map out a route starting at the Flying J (exit 52 on I-75) for anyone interested in going for a day ride. There are two choices for breakfast (Waffle House, Flying J) if you want to arrive early for a fill-up. We will kick up the kickstands at 10:00 AM. Lunch will be a surprise.

Hope you can make it.

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Wish I could, Tom. My company makes us work day after Thanksgiving. Our corporate daddy owns a local newspaper and TV station so we are supposed to have that 24/7/365 attitude. It got lost on me somewhere down the line.

Have fun! Say Hi to Bellamy Bros Rd for me.

Rod
05 Wee
Riverview, FL

·
Registered
1 Posts
Good to meet you

Tampa Tom

Nice to meet you and Becky today. I'm the guy on the red Wee who can't join you Monday because my mean boss (me) won't let me off. Hopefully I can join you fols soon

·
Registered
44 Posts
Since my company celebrates MLK day and gives us the day off....So will I with a ride. I will map out a route starting at the Flying J (exit 52 on I-75) for anyone interested in going for a day ride. There are two choices for breakfast (Waffle House, Flying J) if you want to arrive early for a fill-up. We will kick up the kickstands at 10:00 AM. Lunch will be a surprise.

Hope you can make it.
Hello Tom, I'm up for going on your ride. My breakfast choice is Waffle House, so I'll get fed and meet you and whomever at the Flying J for 10AM. See you then.

Roy

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Did any one you guys happen by The Gibtown Bike Fest? It's right down the street from my house. The perfect mix of Carny Freaks, parolees and the chrome'n posers. There's hundreds of them. I drove by in my truck. There's a sign out front "no colors, no gangs"

Maybe I'll stop in next year just to see their women.

Rod

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RodK....Heck...It's worth stopping-in just to see how Lobster Boy is doing these days on his 12 step program. BTW...We'll say Hi to Bellamy Bros. Rd., Bayhead, Powell and Hayman Rd. for you.

Trail Mix....Glad to see you found the site. Look forward to riding with you in the future.

Flrdr....Mr Roy.....Sounds good...Now I know how you manage to ride 30K in one year on 2 wheels. Might join you at the waffle house for some grits.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Tom, if I did not have an old friend from Illinois visiting the area, I would be down there in a heartbeat. It is my friend's last day and it will be fun to see him again. We usually are able to get together about once a year when he comes to visit his daughter in Orlando.
Ride safe and I'll be thinking of you. I'll be at exit 74 on I4. I'll be on the Strom.
See you next month.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hey Tom, You don't actually mean at Exit #52 do you? You mean the exit at Route 52 and I-75 correct?

Roy
Yes....SR-52 at San Antonio/Dade City exit. I drew out a route that is about 190 miles and 6 hrs. Ends up at Sumterville exit by Lake Panasoffkee.

Jim....Enjoy your time with your buddy.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just got home and it was only 376 miles for me.

What a great set of roads Tom. Almost 200 miles of fantastic roads and probably more than half were new to me. I will certainly be on them again. (Especially if you email me the map.) Excellent pace also. It made the ride and roads even more fun. It was also a lot of fun riding with you Mark. I'll see you on some others. If anybody doesn't know it...the Shamrock in Floral City has real good food also. I've needed a restaurant at that point in rides before and didn't know of one.

Everybody....
Ride fun.
Roy

·
Registered
163 Posts
Tom, Sorry I couldn't make it today. After our ride yesterday you know I wanted to, badly. Thanks, by the way it was awesome.

I've taken to much time off since I picked up UGH. Time to get back to reality.

No doubt there will be many more.

By the way, on the 27th of this month there is some type of two wheeled get together at Ceder Key. Up for it?

Ooops, never mind. My wife just told me we have a Barmitzfa? that we commited to. DARN!!!!

ICBIRAR
ISYHTRAH

·
Registered
580 Posts
Sorry I missed the ride, sounded great, yes Shamrocks in Floral City is great. Anne & I did 39A, 39, 48 and finished with 276 Sunday afternoon.
Finished at the shed for a beer and then home for ribs on the grill. Great day for a last on the minute ride.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Today was a blast!!! Everything worked in our favor....the weather, the food stop, the light traffic, the two cops on Hwy 39 not looking at us as we went from 70 mph to 35 mph in about 30 feet once we saw them...and the company. Not to mention Mark ran into a long lost buddy. What a day.

Charlie....If no one else comes up with a February "Meet n Greet" idea. This route could possibly fit the bill. 187 miles at 6 hours of riding time on some great twisty country roads.

P.S. Roy (Concours Roy) got a taste of riding in the saddle of a V-Strom. Hmmm....I see a DL in his garage in the future.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts