StromTrooper banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I just picked up a used 05 Vee. It came with Givi racks, and E360's. The problem is, there is almost no leg/foot room for my wife with the E360's. I was wondering if anyone has tried the Trekkers on strom? Do they provide much leg room for passangers?

Also, I'm more than happy with the width of the E360's. The Trekker 46's would be 1.2" wider each. I think I could live with that. I tried measuring the 360's earlier and got around 41". With Trekker 46's, that would put the width at around 43.5". Am I crazy?

Thanks, Lucas

PS, this bike rocks. It's stable mate is an 07 FJR1300, and I'm afraid it might not get much saddle time.

· Registered
52 Posts
I'm running a 46 and a 33. Its supposed to make it more symmetrical by putting the thinner 33 on the exhaust side of the bike. <edit>Doh! You said Vee. Never mind...</edit>

I'm not sure of the overall width. Maybe I'll measure when I get home and edit this post.

P.S. The reflective tape is black - the camera flash lit it up.

· Registered
52 Posts
I'm running a 46 and a 33. Its supposed to make it more symmetrical by putting the thinner 33 on the exhaust side of the bike.

I'm not sure of the overall width. Maybe I'll measure when I get home and edit this post.
Left Outer <--- 22-1/4" ---> Center <--- 21-1/4" ---> Right Outer

· Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, I just took a fairly accurate ******* measurement of my E360's. I took a broomstick and placed it accross the rear seat, and hung 2 plumb-bobs (fishing line and weights) off either side. I lined the fishing line up with the outer edge of each box, and measured the broomstick in between the 2 fishing lines. I got 42". The trekker 46's are 1.2" wider each, so that would put me at 44.5" overall side to side. I'm thinking I could live with that.

Now, onto the matter of passenger leg/foot room. WVeeStrom, have you ever had a passenger on the back? How was the fitment for them?

Thanks, Lucas

· Registered
52 Posts
A little late to but I am running the Givi Trekkers on my 06 Vee. My other bike is a ST1100 and I do a lot of 2 up riding on trips.

I have the 33s on the sides and the 46 on the rear of the VStrom. I chose to use the Amotostuff trunk mount instead of the Givi trunk mount because it is adjustable and gives the option to allow the passenger a bit more room.

I hope this helps.

· Registered
504 Posts
A little late to but I am running the Givi Trekkers on my 06 Vee. My other bike is a ST1100 and I do a lot of 2 up riding on trips.

I have the 33s on the sides and the 46 on the rear of the VStrom. I chose to use the Amotostuff trunk mount instead of the Givi trunk mount because it is adjustable and gives the option to allow the passenger a bit more room.

I hope this helps.
Photos wold be nice...

· Registered
26 Posts
Trekker Lock

Hey Guys I just got me two givi Trekker 33 cases. I need a lock and key numbered 383. Any one have one or two they want to sell? Thanks so much

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.