StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They have a mounting plate for the DL650 but oly the first gen, as far as I can find, and I don't believe it'd be usable on a 2012 Ike due to the racks being different? In which case, how does the universal plate work with the Glee - any drilling or cutting needed?

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
I wouldn't want to drill the Glee luggage rack. The resin construction is dependent on the integrity of the total unit for strength. I did mount a universal Givi plate with two bolts in the rear and one centrally in the front without drilling the rack.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I just got a SH48. The included mounting plate doesn't work on the '12...at least not on mine. I couldn't even get 2 holes to line up. I ended up ordering the '12 Wee adapter direct from Shad USA. Once I got that installation was a snap. BTW, I also got the carbon fiber cover for the case. It matches the carbon patches on the bike. It looks great.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
I drilled and tapped a 1/4 inch plate to mount a Shad 40. The mounting plate attaches to the oem rack with longer bolts and the factory rack mounting lugs.
Shad 40

·
Registered
342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I just got a SH48. The included mounting plate doesn't work on the '12...at least not on mine. I couldn't even get 2 holes to line up. I ended up ordering the '12 Wee adapter direct from Shad USA. Once I got that installation was a snap. BTW, I also got the carbon fiber cover for the case. It matches the carbon patches on the bike. It looks great.

Link? I went to ShadUSA.com and elsewhere, they only list the adapter for the first gen? (I assume all Shad cases mount with the same adapter?)

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the Shad SH40 on my Glee last month. I used the Twisted Throttle mounting plate that has adapters available for different trunks. The trunk now sits too far back for my liking. It's at the far rear end of the bike, and hangs way over the taillight. I'll probably try the Shad generic plate that came with the box next. I didn't know Shad had a bike specific plate. I do like the box though. You don't have to use the key every time you open or close it.:yesnod:

·
Registered
58 Posts
A Few Pics of SH48 Installed

These pics should give you an idea of how the case looks mounted on my Wee using the '12 adapter plate.

·
Premium Member
155 Posts
I got my adapter plate from whitehorsegear.com. Great service! :thumbup:

·
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Here you go, adapter. The Product Code is S0VS62ST.
AZ-
Does this adapter allow any flexibility for the case being mounted a little more forward. I never ride with a passenger, and wouldn't mind the case being a bit forward.
( ... is it just me or does the tailight already seem a little tucked under, even on the stock and std set-up?)
Thanks,
Oly

·
38,103 Posts
Moving the top box mount a little forward interferes with seat removal fairly quickly.

·
Registered
58 Posts
What GW said and yes, the tail/brake light does get tucked under a little more but only noticeable if standing right behind the bike. Stand back 10 or more feet and it is clear as day. I run P3's for additional visibility regardless.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Thanks GW and AZ.
I have my current set up adjusted to just where there is no seat interference.
I need a new lockable top case and want to be sure to have the same flexibility.
The price on the SHAD 40 is great. The price on the mounting plate ... :jawdrop: .
But still a lot less than losing a camera and probably worth gaining that peace (or piece, in my case) of mind.
:thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts