StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm interested in seeing how it looks if anyone has painted the plastic fairing piece to match the body color. Or really any other color than black?

If you have put up a few pictures please.

Thanks

R

·
0 Posts
Yea mine is black I have a flat black 08 650 :green_lol:. OK so it aint all that funny. its getting past my bedtime.

RR

·
Premium Member
315 Posts
I recall seeing a picture of someone's Strom that was painted entirely orange. Not sure where I saw it though.:biggrinjester:

S

·
0 Posts
I recall seeing a picture of someone's Strom that was painted entirely orange. Not sure where I saw it though.:biggrinjester:
+1. That guy painted almost EVERYTHING orange - passenger peg mounts, tail pipe heat shields, etc. Not pretty, IMO.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I am planning on painting the headlight surround and front fender, I am still not sure if I will paint them Blue (body color) or silver to match the frame and then add some stripes or graphics to the tank and shrouds, I'm an auto body & paint tech so if I don't like it I can always paint it again until I do .
I'm hoping to do it in the next few weeks and will post pics when it is done.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am planning on painting the headlight surround and front fender, I am still not sure if I will paint them Blue (body color) or silver to match the frame and then add some stripes or graphics to the tank and shrouds, I'm an auto body & paint tech so if I don't like it I can always paint it again until I do .
I'm hoping to do it in the next few weeks and will post pics when it is done.
Definitely want to see this when you get it done. Mine is blue also.

On mine, I have thought of emulating the GSXR color scheme by adding some white and different blues, along with a little red or bright orange for an accent.

I like the idea of a light color on the front of the bike for visibility as well.

·
Registered
94 Posts
painting plastic

i'll be interested in seeing your results. always like seeing what others with talent can do, especially since mine is limited to rounding off and stripping bolts.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Greywolf. Where did you find those? Or did you just have them saved for just such an occasion? :hurray:

To all - make sure you scroll all the way to the right to see all the pics Greywolf posted.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts
Graywolf thanks for the pictures

Confirmed:

Lipstick on a pig.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Yeah, Thanks Greywolf, those are great pictures. I noticed most of the 'Stroms with the painted surrounds have some kind of custom surround that incorporates the windshield better than the adjustable mount we have here in N America. Wonder who makes that? I like the red and grey color scheme. But I do have to wonder if maybe the owners of these bikes could have started with a different type of bike to begin with rather than modifying a Strom to be a street racer/show bike?

I like the yellow and grey unified colors more than the Suzuki blue. The blue seems to work better with the contrasting black fender and surrounds. All good, though.

Bob

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I noticed most of the 'Stroms with the painted surrounds have some kind of custom surround that incorporates the windshield better than the adjustable mount we have here in N America. Wonder who makes that? But I do have to wonder if maybe the owners of these bikes could have started with a different type of bike to begin with rather than modifying a Strom to be a street racer/show bike?

Most of those in the pictures are the style of the 2002 and 2003 DL1000's that had a fixed windshield. Not like the adjustable windshield that the 04 and newer models have.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The dark blue one that is parked in front of the white tent is the only one that does not have a stock fairing/windshield setup. That one looks to be off a late model GSXR, front fender also.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts