StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really, really, really wanted to get a set of Caribou cases, but the expense has me really thinking twice, particularly if I went with the cases plus their ALS mounting brackets for my Givi racks.

As an alternative, I was looking at a set of Seahorse cases (SE-720) mounted with Happy Trail pucks. I can get this entire setup for under $200 shipped which is way less than $505 for the Caribou system. I like the size of the Seahorse 720 as well as the fact that you can order them with locking latches.

After seeing a recent thread of a fellow who lives in China who had found a set of cases that were different widths which works really nice for the assymetrical rear end of the Wee. I found that the Hardigg Storm 2400 and 2450 cases look like a good way to achieve this since one is about 2" wider than the other. This would offer me a tad more space as well.

The downside to the Storm cases if I would have to use padlocks if I want to secure them. In all honestly, I don't intend to keep the cases on my bike all the time and just need them for weekend trips and if I want to take the bike to the store, so security is not a huge issue. Still, I like the idea of being able to secure the case to the bike. Having a locking case would also keep somebody from removing the case from the bike since the Happy Trail pucks come right off.

I was thinking that it would be fairly easy to mount of set of locks in these cases, but only if I knew where to buy them. Anybody have a clue?

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Caribou Case Locks

They are electrical cabinet locks. Check their website they mention something about NEMA which stands for National Electrical Manufacturers Association (or something like that).

Check out McMaster.com or Graingers--you may have some luck there.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Excellent. I had no idea what to call the locks I am looking for. There is a Graingers here in my area, so that should make it easier to find exactly what I would need. Thank you.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
In addition to those retailers, look up electrical supply houses in your area, the ones that serve the construction industry. You'll probably find several locations that will even sell retail. Some of these only sell wholesale to contractors.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts