Strom Trooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been riding all week to work, but today was definitely the worst! On the way to work, during the heavy morning rain, and found that my kilimanjaro jacket is not downpour rated on the highway. My arms were pretty wet when I got to work. Jacket got mostly dry during the day, before returning home.

Left work, had to ride on two flooded roads. Attempted to not get the filthy muddy water all over myself. Got to Burnside, about a quarter of the way up the hill water had washed rock all over the roadway, thick. It almost looked like a bad gravel road. After I got thru that section, there were patches of gravel so I would slow down for them, but the cars in the left lane didn't. Muddy water was running down the road so the cars would throw it all over me. I hosed myself off from the waist down, should probably hose off the jacket as well. Definitely an adventure getting home! Wish I had had a GoPro on.

Looked something like this, but worse: (2012)

·
Registered
540 Posts
I rode all week . . . except today. And I was glad I decided to take the cage. Heavy rain and lots of standing water this morning. Cars blasting through and spraying the water over the hood and windshield of my rig. That would have been real fun on the bike.

Escape the cage!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Extremely damp around here today too...gonna wait till things dry out a little for a ride.

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
Its been brutal around here, I almost feel like I am neglecting my bike. I haven;t been out in over a week, i think I am suffering withdrawal

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I don't even look outside or watch the weather in the morning,I just suit up. ( Stich Darien and first gear over pants ,never leaked a drop and the Stich has around 100,000 miles on it !)and ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
504 Posts
Got soaked yesterday and today but the cases kept the cargo dry...

Good thing too considering what was inside..

All of this came from the NW corner of OR and had to go through the SW corner of WA to get it right through buckets of rain.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts