Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I'll put on my list of things I'd like to do. We'll see when the time gets closer. Didn't use the DR for any overnight trips last year and hope to do this.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The route is following the Columbia River from ocean to the head works in Canada.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
That looks quite interesting. I also did not do any overnight trips on the DRZ last year, and do not intend for that to happen again.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's following the Columbia River from the Pacific Ocean to the head waters in Canada.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
You got a DRZ ??.
It's in the signature. :smile2: Yeah, I found one close to home last June, soon after I returned from a 2 day play up around Chelan on the klr250. Decided I wanted more than the 250, and less than the 650. Picked up a 2003 with 500 miles on it for a good price! Need some side racks now is about all. Thanks for the heads up on this, it looks like a blast!

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It's in the signature. :smile2: Yeah, I found one close to home last June, soon after I returned from a 2 day play up around Chelan on the klr250. Decided I wanted more than the 250, and less than the 650. Picked up a 2003 with 500 miles on it for a good price! Need some side racks now is about all. Thanks for the heads up on this, it looks like a blast!

That would be cool if you did the ride.Im going fast and light and staying in El Cheapo motels ..I'm only taking the bare minimum of clothes and tools in a back pack.

·
Registered
1,819 Posts
Might be a good idea to go that route; maybe we can split room costs? I may decide to camp, so just a thought at this point.

Any details on the route? I wasn't able to find much yet....

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Tom said the details and signup would be in January .
Sounds good on splitting the costs,my old body just doesn't like the hard ground anymore .

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I just found out tonight that my wife thought that I have a lot more vacation than I really have.She was planing on us taking a week + trip which is the time I was going to do the Sasquatch!!!.
So I'm not sure what I'm going do now ??.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
She said to just do it and she would go on her own vacation !!
But as ALL of us long time married men know ( 30+ years here) that was her way of saying that if I go I'm on her &@€T list for a long time !!

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Tough position to be in, LoneStrom.
I went to the web site and could not find the route map anywhere. I don't think it's posted anywhere. Have any of you found it?

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
They won't post a map,you get it mailed to you after you register .
All they will tell you is that it will follow ( roughly) the Columbia River from south to north.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts