StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for info and any pictures on the bike of the Suzuki tank bag on the 2012 + models. Any input pro or con would be appreciated. Christmas is coming so I need to make up my wish list.

·
Registered
865 Posts
The OEM ones here use magnets to hold them on, when only the middle bit is magnetic :confused:

I've got one of these:

XS308 TANKLOCK - GIVI

looks good on the bike, never worried about it falling off, not bad capacity, easy to take off and put back on when filling up with fuel, doesn't touch the tank except for the ring bit so no nasty scratches caused by it on the tank.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I purchased a Bags-Connection EVO "Daypack" Quick-Lock from TT. No more magnets or straps for me :thumbup:

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have the Bags Connect City...pretty expensive but fits the bike great, no straps or such to mess with and it also fits my FJR.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input. I like some straps as well as the magnets. With all the plastic around the bikes tank it just about calls for straps of some kind, as the magnetic area is small.

I actually like a tank bag that fits further forward than the stock Suzuki tank bag from the photos.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
The OEM ones here use magnets to hold them on, when only the middle bit is magnetic :confused:

I've got one of these:

XS308 TANKLOCK - GIVI

looks good on the bike, never worried about it falling off, not bad capacity, easy to take off and put back on when filling up with fuel, doesn't touch the tank except for the ring bit so no nasty scratches caused by it on the tank.
I purchased a Bags-Connection EVO "Daypack" Quick-Lock from TT. No more magnets or straps for me :thumbup:
+1 on these. :thumbup:

Also have the Givi Tanlock system.

The tank fuel ring mounted bags are the way to go, no magnets or straps to worry about, and taking the bag on and off the bike is a 2 second job.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Thanks for the input. I like some straps as well as the magnets. With all the plastic around the bikes tank it just about calls for straps of some kind, as the magnetic area is small.

I actually like a tank bag that fits further forward than the stock Suzuki tank bag from the photos.
you can push it up more if you'd like. i run it that far back because my smartphone mounts on the bars in front of it.

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have it and really like it. I ride off-road quite a bit and it works well. The only time it's come loose is when I've dropped it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts