StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody, I just move to the UP (Iron Mountain) in November. I'm just wondering if there is anybody on here that is in the area?

·
Registered
572 Posts
Well, I'm down in southern WI, but I have 20 acres of land just across the border from you, outside of Florence. I love riding up in your neck of the woods, especially along the Lake Superior shore.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hello. I am in Milwaukee, but will be in the Iron Mountain area in April or May. My friend has a camp up there and am looking forward to taking the bike off road a bit..
2014 DL650 adv

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
You mean to say the snow clears off long enough to ride a vehicle not a snowmobile?
C'mon.
Next thing 'ya know Sheepshead is a place in Nantucket.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I ustta be a Yooper from Escanaba, about 50 miles away but retired from the army down here in Missouri where I can ride 11 months out of the year. Beautiful country up there for riding, even if its only a few months out of the year.

·
Registered
10,149 Posts
I have ridden and snowmobiled all over much of the UP. My coworker also just retired and moved to 20 minutes out of Marquette and just experienced his first winter with that snow depth along the coast.

He plans on picking up his and hers bikes there. I am trying to talk them into Stroms instead of scooters (she suggested). They bought kayaks first. I bought a used snowmobile in Escanaba when I lived outside of Chicago.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts