August 2 to 4 2013

NORTH POLE RESORTS
Wilmington, New York 12997

ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS

·
Premium Member
2,236 Posts
Northeast Vstrom Adventure Weekend

Heads up to anyone reading. This is our third year, and continues to grow. Ask anyone who attended, and I am sure they will attest to the weekend's fun factor. It is the highlight of my riding season, and many have already put in their campground reservation for this year. Check it out, I am sure you that after your first event, you will repeat. Put it on your calender, and make your reservations a.s.a.p.! :hurray:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Guys,
I think it is better to not open new threads for this event. There is already one, see my signature or ChiroSyd's.
Better to post all info/questions/comments in one place (and also make the GreyWolf gods happier! :fineprint:)

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Big Man
I like to see who may come from WNY, that's why its in this category so we may organize our ride. If I put it under Events, local Troopers may not see it. So let me try to gather some Troopers from here.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Hmm...

Maybe if I can get a few days off of or just say, "**** it!" and play hooky. Vacation time is not part of my new employment situation. Perhaps I could Take a Friday/Monday and turn it into a long weekend. The Adirondaks are a long way from here.:smilewinkgrin:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Maybe if I can get a few days off of or just say, "**** it!" and play hooky. Vacation time is not part of my new employment situation. Perhaps I could Take a Friday/Monday and turn it into a long weekend. The Adirondaks are a long way from here.:smilewinkgrin:
You only really need to take off Friday.
The rally is on Saturday and on Sunday we head back home (at least that was the format for the last 2 years).

Don't think twice, life is short - you're going to have a great time.
For me it is also a long way from home, so what? who cares..:bom_sunny:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Well...

Heads up to anyone reading. This is our third year, and continues to grow. Ask anyone who attended, and I am sure they will attest to the weekend's fun factor. It is the highlight of my riding season, and many have already put in their campground reservation for this year. Check it out, I am sure you that after your first event, you will repeat. Put it on your calender, and make your reservations a.s.a.p.! :hurray:
I am surmising by your signature you are a chiropractor. My wife is a chiropractor and we attended a weekend of seminars in Lake George a few years back. While she was in meetings I went riding in Vermont and got pleasantly lost looking for Ben & Jerry's. Never did find them but had a great time with some Beemer types I met outside of Rochester, VT in an old barn full of Airheads.:yesnod:

·
Registered
694 Posts
anybody from WNY or Ontario planning on going to the 2013 VSTROM ADVENTURE
I just put a reservation on a room, and I will try to convince a few friends to come with me. Per subsequent comments about using the one thread, let's handle the details either via PM or the other thread.

Cheerio;
Duncan

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
great Duncan

I just put a reservation on a room, and I will try to convince a few friends to come with me. Per subsequent comments about using the one thread, let's handle the details either via PM or the other thread.

Cheerio;
Duncan
If you like to meet up and ride the south side of lake Ontario, let me know and we can make the arrangenments later via PM, otherwise see you there.

·
Registered
694 Posts
If you like to meet up and ride the south side of lake Ontario, let me know and we can make the arrangenments later via PM, otherwise see you there.
I looked on Google maps to see the various routes. Google tries to get me there by the fastest route available. Dipping South adds only about 75 minutes to my trip (if I were to obey the speed limit the whole way). That said, Google is using major highways, and they're nowhere near the shore! So, please tell me more about the route you propose. I'm going to play with Google to see what pops up. Right now I'm looking at I-90E or I-90E to New York 8.

Edit: Google Map, coastal route

Edit II: I am comfortable riding up to 130kph on 100kph roads I am familiar with (and know where the cops hang out). On unfamiliar roads I would prefer to stick within 20Kph / 10mph of the posted limit, assuming NY police ignore motorcycles as happily as ON police do. GTA riders can meet near me for 0900 and pick up London riders for 1000, getting into NY hopefully by noon. Fuel for our stomachs and bikes and we're back on the road for 1230... does that work for all?

Edit III: Does anybody want to leave Thursday after work and crash in (for example) Rochester for the evening? Kind of a "warm up" for our butts, so the following two days of non-stop riding are more comfortable?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Heck no, I hate having to go through Toronto.
Depending upon the time of day the 401 moves quite quickly... which is why I avoid it. Every teen pinhead who just got his G2; every 50 year-old who's late for an interview; every souped up IROC; every black pickup with the windows tinted: they all drive the 401. In a *cage* I don't like the 401 between the 400 and the 404! I haven't had to take it during rush-hour in almost ten years, so I dunno about the stoppages (but I can imagine).

·
Registered
984 Posts
Yeah right...

I looked on Google maps to see the various routes. Google tries to get me there by the fastest route available. Dipping South adds only about 75 minutes to my trip (if I were to obey the speed limit the whole way). That said, Google is using major highways, and they're nowhere near the shore! So, please tell me more about the route you propose. I'm going to play with Google to see what pops up. Right now I'm looking at I-90E or I-90E to New York 8.

Edit: Google Map, coastal route

Edit II: I am comfortable riding up to 130kph on 100kph roads I am familiar with (and know where the cops hang out). On unfamiliar roads I would prefer to stick within 20Kph / 10mph of the posted limit, assuming NY police ignore motorcycles as happily as ON police do. GTA riders can meet near me for 0900 and pick up London riders for 1000, getting into NY hopefully by noon. Fuel for our stomachs and bikes and we're back on the road for 1230... does that work for all?

Edit III: Does anybody want to leave Thursday after work and crash in (for example) Rochester for the evening? Kind of a "warm up" for our butts, so the following two days of non-stop riding are more comfortable?
Don't count on NYS cops ignoring you. Speeding tickets are expensive here and NY has a reciprocity agreement with Ont so you can run but not hide. It's all about state revenues down here and, yes, they use the quota system so be aware around the end of the month if riding here. 15mph over the limit will get you 3 points and with the state surcharge about a $300 performance award. Ride safe have fun.

·
Registered
2,736 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
route, speed

You need to stay within 8 m/h of the speed limit on the interstate and regional roads to be sure not to get a ticket. Rural roads outside towns I do based on gut feel. Normally you see no cops there.

As to the route, I would suggest to take I90 and I81 to Watertown and then enjoy the second half of the ride. That should cut about an hour. However I am flexible. I normally prefer rural roads! Take the slab only to make time.

Not sure about the lake route, especially going through Rochester. Could be slower than you think. I have not ridden that route. Maybe we get someone from the Rochester area to join and tell us whats best.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts