Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Premium Member
4,103 Posts
Bazooka:
I'm from Greendale and ride a Vee.
I mainly commute but could see a fun ride sometime.
See 'ya

·
Registered
192 Posts
Missed the original post back in May but just saw another reply. I'm just over the border in Antioch, IL. Most all of my riding is in WI though.

·
Registered
1,108 Posts

·
Registered
560 Posts
I'm west of Madison, just on the edge of the Driftless Zone. I currently ride a Kawasaki Concours, but that'll change this spring when I pick up a Wee.

SCR is about the only type of group riding I enjoy: Show up when you want, leave when you want, ride with who you want (or alone), and a great cross-section of riders (everything from vintage to sport bikes to ADVs to sport tourers, etc.). And luckily, I live about midway between Pine Bluff and Leland.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm in Green Bay, I've got a 07 DL 650 and 98 DR350SE, I pretty much ride the whole eastern half of the state, southern UP, Door County and the lakeshore quite a bit. Vstroms are a perfect fit for the areas that go from paved to gravel without much of a heads up, you can just keep exploring and still have a comfortable ride home. Protected enough to ride when nobody else is and no chrome to worry about keeping clean either!

·
Registered
119 Posts
I'm in Green Bay, I've got a 07 DL 650 and 98 DR350SE, I pretty much ride the whole eastern half of the state, southern UP, Door County and the lakeshore quite a bit. Vstroms are a perfect fit for the areas that go from paved to gravel without much of a heads up, you can just keep exploring and still have a comfortable ride home. Protected enough to ride when nobody else is and no chrome to worry about keeping clean either!

Well hello neighbor!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
I'm west of Madison, just on the edge of the Driftless Zone. I currently ride a Kawasaki Concours, but that'll change this spring when I pick up a Wee.

SCR is about the only type of group riding I enjoy: Show up when you want, leave when you want, ride with who you want (or alone), and a great cross-section of riders (everything from vintage to sport bikes to ADVs to sport tourers, etc.). And luckily, I live about midway between Pine Bluff and Leland.
I live exactly between Pine Bluff and Leland, so you must be a neighbor?

We all should meet up this spring at the crud run.

·
Registered
560 Posts
I live exactly between Pine Bluff and Leland, so you must be a neighbor?

We all should meet up this spring at the crud run.
Can I surmise from your forum name you're from Sauk Prairie? If so, I'm just across the river.

A SCR meet-up could be fun. Did it once before with a group of Honda Nighthawk owners, back when that was my ride. We had a good time.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Old thread a bit, but hey! I'm new - and live in Baldwin, work in Menomonie, and second (parents') home is Fountain City. So the west side and river valley is my home! Just picked up my Vee a few weeks ago, and loving it so far. Don't think I'll make the SCR this year, what else is in the area? Definitely up for planning a group ride if given the chance.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Old thread a bit, but hey! I'm new - and live in Baldwin, work in Menomonie, and second (parents') home is Fountain City. So the west side and river valley is my home! Just picked up my Vee a few weeks ago, and loving it so far. Don't think I'll make the SCR this year, what else is in the area? Definitely up for planning a group ride if given the chance.
Welcome! I loved and taught in Menomonie for 11 years. Now I'm basically at the opposite end of the state. Love riding the drift less area though and get out there several times each summer.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome! I loved and taught in Menomonie for 11 years. Now I'm basically at the opposite end of the state. Love riding the drift less area though and get out there several times each summer.
I went to school and now work at UW-Stout - in Student Life, this really is an awesome community. Driftless area and the river valley is the best - excited to actually ride it on two wheels for once! Only got on 35 once with my silverwing. :(

1 - 20 of 74 Posts