StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dealer (Greens Kawasaki and Suzuki) in Oak Ridge, TN has determined that the computer is faulty on my 2003 Vstrom.
A replacment part is $1100.00 :!:

Does anyone know of a wrecked Vstrom (2002-2004) that still has a good ECU on it? As I am not a wealthy person, I am looking for the best possible price :(

Michael
http://michorium.com

·
Registered
28 Posts
Michorium said:
My dealer (Greens Kawasaki and Suzuki) in Oak Ridge, TN has determined that the computer is faulty on my 2003 Vstrom.
A replacment part is $1100.00 :!:
If your V-Strom has less than 18,600 miles the computer is covered under the emissions control warranty.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My bike has 43,000 + miles on it. sigh
Final word is due any moment on the results of the latest attempt.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Michorium said:
My bike has 43,000 + miles on it. sigh
Final word is due any moment on the results of the latest attempt.
You need to put an ad in the classifieds where it will be more noticable as well as the "Flea Market" in www.advrider.com (that is a very large website with a lot of V-Strom owners).
Good luck!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
:D :D :D
Great news.
Upon contacting Suzuki USA, the dealer found the root problem which was in the secondary butterfly positioning feedback. They just called and said everything looks great now. Boy am I relieved.......
Thanks for the suggestion re the parts group. I do need some other stuff........

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Still screwed up

Intermittently, the engine runs rough and the exhaust smells of raw fuel.
I have had two dealers look into this with out fixing anything.
Any ideas by those mechanical braincases out there?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
Isn't this the point where Mortaine pops in and tells us how genius Suzuki is for putting those secondaries on the bike? ;)

YANK EM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts