StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Minnesotans -

I'm interested in trying to set up my suspension, and will definitely refer to the many posts here and elsewhere about doing such. But it got me wondering if:

a) others might be interested in doing the same, and

b) others might have already done it and might be willing to advise.

Plus it would be fun to meet the local troopers.

So I'm willing to host a 'tech day' if anybody else is interested. I've got a decent amount of driveway and garage space, pretty much all the basic tools, and a big backyard with a grill, tables, etc.

Figuring sometime in late April or May, once the temps are comfortable to be outside and the streets are clear enough for the multiple test rides. There's plenty of quiet suburban twisty roads and pretty close access to Hwy 7 and 494 for the test rides.

Any interest?

Mike

·
Registered
800 Posts
Being I am just across the river I could come up there. I don't want to change my suspension at this time, but would not minde meeting other Stromtroopers.:D

·
Registered
800 Posts
Mtlee, got a date set yet?

Need to get in on the calendar so I can clear it with my wife. She has an acute sense of the FFLF (female fun limitation factor per KSTP).

·
Registered
226 Posts
I don't really need anything more done to my Wee, but would be willing to provide entertainment on my DR-Z400sm. LOL

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No date set yet, was sorta waiting to see if folks would suggest some. I've got a large (work) project starting up Monday, so I'll be thinking schedule on Tuesday - I'll pick a date and float it after that.

Since suspension isn't exciting too many, any other tech-type work folks are interested in?

·
Clever Title
515 Posts
I'll ride down for that, assuming I can get the time off of work. Let me know when you want to do it.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
Count me in

Hi Mike,

Sign me up. The only schedule conflict I'd have for certain at this point in time is Sunday May 4, I'll be at the all-day advanced riding class over at Dakota Co. Tech College. Other than that, I'm game. And I'll toss a package of hot Italian sausages and a package of buns into one of the big ol' Pelicans, too. Heck, I bet a bag of Doritos would even fit in there, too.

I'll work on "Uncle Dave", too, but I bet he'd be happy to join in.

Thanks for offering your home for this event!

Steve.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I thought I heard my name mentioned...

I'm interested! May 4th is out for me too because I'm going to be watching SteveT drag his Pelicans in the corners at the riding course. I just might learn a thing or ten myself.

I can't fit the entire buffet line in my cases like Steve with the Pelicans, but I'm pretty sure I can manage a 12 of rooty-beer in the Givis, and maybe a jar of pickles in the Road Crafter.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
I thought I heard my name mentioned...

I'm interested! May 4th is out for me too because I'm going to be watching SteveT drag his Pelicans in the corners at the riding course. I just might learn a thing or ten myself.

I can't fit the entire buffet line in my cases like Steve with the Pelicans, but I'm pretty sure I can manage a 12 of rooty-beer in the Givis, and maybe a jar of pickles in the Road Crafter.

Home made or store bought pickles? Oh, I love a good homemade dill pickle, especially when it has a clove or two of garlic and just a touch of spicy pepper in it. I'm a tender-mouth, nothing too hot. All this food talk is making me hungry.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Sorry Steve, they're going to have to be store bought. I suppose I could check out Whole Foods to see if they have any of those free-range, corn-fed organic pickles. Or..... I could go to Cub.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Suspention clinic

I am pretty inerested in meeing other riders there is no doubt! May 4th I will be in the Duluth area on a family gathering. I will continue to look for local metro riders setting up events, especially in the Northwest burbs.

Jay - Maple Grove

DL650K7 blue

·
Registered
800 Posts
From the thread, it looks like no one is available May 4th, except me. Mtlee, has a date been set?

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
THEJAYMAN, JR, rj, lots of "J's" hanging around MN. I tell ya... Mike, we'll need name tags.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
How 'bout we try for that last weekend in April - Saturday the 26th, with a rain date of May 3rd?

·
Registered
46 Posts
I too will try to make it down. I may be in the area anyway, so it could work out nicely.

Thanks for offering.

·
Registered
800 Posts
The 26th it is, I'll be there as long as I'm not helping on the farm. We'll need and address and time soon.

·
Registered
774 Posts
I'd like to meet the bunch of you. I'll see if I can make it.

·
Premium Member
598 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I'll send a PM to all on the thread a week or two ahead with directions and a phone number - as both a reminder, and so that it's less likely to get lost in the clutter.

I'm sitting here in Chicago with my eldest visiting DePaul, missing the bike, but NOT missing the large snow! Guess there wouldn't have been any riding anyway...

Glad I got out for a coupla hours last Saturday.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
How 'bout we try for that last weekend in April - Saturday the 26th, with a rain date of May 3rd?
Hi Mike,

April 26 is good for me as long as I'm home by 5:00pm- evening entertainment reservations. May 3 is good for me as well, no complications at all that day.

Looking forward to it!

Steve.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts