StromTrooper banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Any thoughts on fork springs and shock for a 2002 DL1000

Also understand a good fork brace is out there as well ! Could use 2002-2003 all fairing parts, pegs, pedals and related plastic after I was sideswiped by a semi.
And No, I went down and he drove away so no insurance help on this one ! Thanks All ! :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
I went with sonic front springs and a Racetech ( Eibach) rear spring and I love them !!.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
Rear shock rebuild and custom spring match by Sasquatch.
He can hook you up with what you need for the forks, too, methinks.

I used straight rate springs in mine when I rebuilt the forks, don't remember which brand or rate...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Suspension Ideas !

Thanks Folks, any phone numbers/ links/addresses to the shock work/spring companies? And these guyz' rework/rebuild the stock shock?:yesnod:

·
Registered
3,626 Posts

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
Sonic springs has a good website as does Racetech.

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Registered
122 Posts
Just completed a 500 mile ride yesterday to try out my new Sonic Springs. After two mile I already could tell the difference was great. I can't say enough good about them............ whereas............ the forkbrace I have had for over a year I really have use my imagination to see the benefit (which is bound to bring on other opinions).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Suspension Questions

Thanks All for the constructive input ! Think I'm gonna do the Sonics !

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
First ride with

ALL balls tapered roller head bearings
Progressive springs (lowest still stiffer than stock)
redline fluid
tightened rubber of handle bar mount
had Murph fork brace *
It was over the winter 3 month break so before after comparisons difficult.

?????
The only absolute was more road irregularities got back into the handlebars, Actually I do not view this as a plus, I want the suspension to be undisturbed by broken pavement etc.

I may try backing off handlebar rubber

Did do some sweepers and biked tracked very well at speed.

* I think this helps when forks are subjected to side loads etc. On smooth pavement at lower speeds there would/should be no noticeable effect

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Rich
You might try lighter viscosity fork oil. Also, while Redline is among the very best, even it thickens in the cold and thins in the heat, although less so than most others. Try returning to the stock springs temporarily to test the fork oil viscosity.

And, improved damping will help. RaceTech Gold Valves might be your next step.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Too Cheap and lazy

Many years ago my mother gave me sage advise to just try to get
used to it.

I do remind myself and others that at a moment of an incident
it is time to be the "Doctor" (Valentino). The full potential of you and your scooter being used to avoid the impact or slide etc. So some kind of racerish performance is erring on the smart side.

·
Registered
6,701 Posts
Too Cheap and lazy

Many years ago my mother gave me sage advise to just try to get
used to it.

I do remind myself and others that at a moment of an incident
it is time to be the "Doctor" (Valentino). The full potential of you and your scooter being used to avoid the impact or slide etc. So some kind of racerish performance is erring on the smart side.

Some of my feel maybe from too tight handlebar rubbers I will turn them down for free and easy. She will get the final "tune up" after she has a couple of tanks of fresh gas. Hoping that careful secondary adjustment may yield some benefits

1 - 13 of 13 Posts