StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Any strommers in the NJ, New York City area?
Hey babooka,
There is a bunch of us here in NJ. We are planning a bunch of great rides once the weather breaks plus some tech days on bikes. I know we are going to be having a wiring day coming up. Just check this site or log into www.ssyso.com. That site is out NJ a bunch of yellers are running.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey babooka,
There is a bunch of us here in NJ. We are planning a bunch of great rides once the weather breaks plus some tech days on bikes. I know we are going to be having a wiring day coming up. Just check this site or log into www.ssyso.com. That site is out NJ a bunch of yellers are running.
Mine is silver, and it is a Wee
Can I still join? :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Dumont, NJ 5 min, from NYC.
06, Wee and 04 Connie "selling Connie" More of a LD rider but do take short day trips in and around PA, NY, CT Mass and NJ..

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nice :)
Now I have to transfer my canadian license to NJ, and drive Wee from Ottawa to over here

·
Registered
20 Posts
Not that far, when are you going to pick up your bike? Could be a nice weekend trip. Only about 1100 to 1200 miles....

·
Registered
20 Posts
Should ask why are you moving to NJ. Sounds like he is over by me in Bergen, CO and I can tell you this. We don't have any nice roads and next to no off road riding. I do know of one nice road, it's the one that takes me out on NJ LOL 40+ yrs is way too long....

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hey Tammy, there are alot of great roads in NJ. Down Here in Hunterdon County. You should come down and ride with us sometime. We are having a Vstrom tech day this Saturday. I know we are tearing into 3 bikes atleast. should be about 6 or 7 Stroms there.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I would be there but this sat, I have a 100th B-day to go to. Your only 100 once and she may not live much past this B-day.

Tech day would be fun, I worked as a jap tech for 20+ yrs still have all my tools and may be best known for my wiring kits for the KLR and Connie. I have my bike wired up and most of it is off my J&M cb so I did not need to do to much to it. http://www.dualsportrider.org/index.php?module=pagemaster&PAGE_user_op=view_page&PAGE_id=18&MMN_position=28:26
I have some plug and play kits I may make for the DL but I don't know if I'll need them on my bike so I may offer to wire up someones bike.

Let me know when your next tech day is goingto be and you next ride.

Tammy

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tammy, you really wired up that Connie. I checked out your site there, looks good. It seems like you do some long distance riding. I'll let you know on the next tech day and when we ride.
Martin

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sounds good, If you like someone to do day ride with let me know. I've only had 2 riding buddys and they live in NC and the other in CT. Both don't ride anymore and as much as I don't mind riding alone it's nice to have a someone along with ya..

·
Registered
83 Posts
Tammy, Sounds good. I'll let you know. Sign up on SSYSO.com. I've posted some distance rides on there. More to to be posteed I am sure.

Too bad you couldn't make it this weekend there seems to be atleast 10 Stroms will be there. We will be having more Techs For you too meet everyone.
Are you going to the Jim Thorpe gathering? It is in May.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts