StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just wondered if anyone frequents any other forums and their experiences? How active are they?

·
Registered
947 Posts
Not me. This one is enough and is just great anyway.:smile2:

Coops.

·
Registered
615 Posts
Quite a few good ones out there, fig. Just Google away...

·
Registered
2,017 Posts
Well, I recommend staying away from Strompooper and BillyRaysVstromShack.com.

They're just downright surly and unprofessional.

Reactions: Big B

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks. I did google them just wondered if anyone else frequents other sites. I'm not knocking this one. Seems alright.

·
Registered
7 Posts
V strom owners uk is what I use most of the time with excellent response ... community is great and I have learned and benefited allot .. but I live in London that's the main reason I think.
Cheers

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
127 Posts
Just tried VSRI........Nadda! What happened?

No other has the traffic this one has, but there are other good sources.

VSRI probably has the best resource library of information, but much of it is old as the best source of info in the V-Strom world, John Weldon, has passed away.
V-Strom Riders International - Index

The busiest site I frequent after this one is the UK forum.
Suzuki V-Strom (VStrom) Owners Club - Index

Then there is Richland Rick's site
http://vsari.com/index.php
So much V-Strom info......lost?

·
38,103 Posts
Some of the VSRI stuff has aged out with pictures not supported or broken links as what happens off site cannot be controlled. It's still one of the best libraries of V-Strom stuff though, especially for models before 2012 predating administrator and V-Strom guru John Weldon's illness and death.

VSARI went away for lack of traffic. It held little in the way of unique information and Rick is still here.

·
38,103 Posts
Not much to be found there and nothing that can't be found here.

·
Vendor
5,422 Posts
Yep VSARI flopped. It had a loyal and devoted following of people that didn't like to post. We did like it it a lot though because it was populated exclusively by nice people.

VSRI is still a great resource, but you kinda need someone who is familiar with the treasure of information there to be your guide. Things like V-Strom electrical 101 and information about how to wire relays are really great resources.

If only someone had followed through with their intent to transfer the data base to VSARI. It might still be alive. Oh well. Water under the bridge.

·
Registered
127 Posts
VSRI.....NADDA!

Some of the VSRI stuff has aged out with pictures not supported or broken links as what happens off site cannot be controlled. It's still one of the best libraries of V-Strom stuff though, especially for models before 2012 predating administrator and V-Strom guru John Weldon's illness and death.

VSARI went away for lack of traffic. It held little in the way of unique information and Rick is still here.
What I'm trying to say is that the site won't even load. Tried several thread URLs but didn't get anything. And yes, my computer is configured correctly.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Reactions: Big B
1 - 20 of 22 Posts