StromTrooper banner

Any Oregon Coast Riders?

3K views 14 replies 9 participants last post by  stevewz 
#1 ·
I don't see anything other than Harleys out here. Not the type of people I would get along with. Not because they ride Harleys, but because they look down on people who DON'T ride Harleys.

Am I alone over here?!

#2 ·
I live in Portland but love riding down the coast when I have time. Did a loop from Tigard --> Lincoln City --> Astoria --> Vernonia back to Tigard that was a nice ride.

Really want to head south to the California boarder and do the entire Oregon coast highway. Some day...

#6 ·
My wife and I will be riding up the coast on the 12th of July passing through Coos Bay.... riding from the V-Strom Rally in Fortuna. We're going as far as Newport for the night before turning east to Bend.
Somewhere around Coos Bay might be lunch.... Always great to meet fellow V-Strom riders

#11 ·
Camping options around Coos Bay

I'm traveling on the cheap nowadays, and want to get down to NorCal to ride the highway 36/3/299 loop. I've done that trip many times in the past, leaving home east of Portland and riding to Coos Bay where I'd stay the first night at the Best Western. Now, I want to find a campground somewhere in that area to save money.

What about Rooke-Higgens up the Millicoma toward Allegany? What's it like? Are there any other campgrounds that won't be filled with RVs and damn-near-motel-rates cost?

#13 ·
I'm traveling on the cheap nowadays, and want to get down to NorCal to ride the highway 36/3/299 loop. I've done that trip many times in the past, leaving home east of Portland and riding to Coos Bay where I'd stay the first night at the Best Western. Now, I want to find a campground somewhere in that area to save money.

What about Rooke-Higgens up the Millicoma toward Allegany? What's it like? Are there any other campgrounds that won't be filled with RVs and damn-near-motel-rates cost?
Steve, if I wasn't swamped for the next month or so I'd meet you up there. Hopefully you will find some takers. Some great riding there but probably pretty toasty inland now

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.