StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Proud new owner of an '06 Wee. I know I saw another one over in the Bedford area of Brooklyn, actually off of Varet St. two days ago.

Anyway, give a shout out and lets get some meet-ups and rides happening. Perhaps there already is a group.

I'll also be up in the Cooperstown, NY area all summer so drop a line if your headed through!

Later

·
Registered
17 Posts
Coming Soon to a Burrough near you

Hey Mac. I'm living up around Greenpoint/McCarren Park. My bike has been up for the winter in Ohio but I'm bringing it out to NYC in late April. Keep in touch.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Mid Hudson V-Strom "Club"

Three of us, one in Rockland and two in Durchess. Someone usually available to ride and introduce others to our exceptional roads.

This is a "Club" only in the vaguest sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hey Mac,

I am in East Village, and have a black '05 Vee. Down to ride any more or less any weekend. Drop me a line if you have something going. I know there has to be more of us around.

Alex

·
Registered
18 Posts
Mid Hudson V-Strom "Club"
Three of us, one in Rockland and two in Durchess. Someone usually available to ride and introduce others to our exceptional roads.

This is a "Club" only in the vaguest sense.

I'm on Long Island and would be interested in Strommer group rides.
I also like the idea of hooking up with some fellow Strommers in the upper counties to get a guided tour of some real twisties, which we don't get much of down here.
Keep me in the loop.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Greetings,

I'm in northeast Queens and would be happy to join any one (or more) for a ride.

Now and then I see a strom out there. My office is in lower Manhattan (26 Fed at Worth). There's a strom parked across the street most mornings when I arrive. Also, I spot a parked strom now and then when I'm walking past the Ducati dealer on 6th Ave a few blocks north of Canal. Finally, I've caught one parked some weekends by St. Joseph's College on Clinton and Willoughby in Brooklyn.

On weekends, I usually ride east or north of the city, and I'm certainly flexible.

Anyway, let's ride; let me know.

Best,

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got my bike back in town over the weekend. I'm ready to ride if anyone is interested. The Holiday weekend might bring some rain but if anything is going on give me a shout.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Saw a blue VStrom parked on Bleeker St. and MacDougal on Wednesday morning-0800 5/27. Anybody, anybody? PS; Finally got my Wee! An '08 w/ABS. Not on the road as of yet.

·
Registered
5 Posts
daily dl650k6red

congrats on the strom! i love my 06! i'll be turning 62,000 miles this week sometime and has never let me down!!!!
I am not a resident in the boros but I do commute from sussex NJ everyday. to manhattan(mostly) bronx/kings/queens from time to time.

here's me and a friend playing big apple tag-o-rama!

you'll know its me from my red mohawk!

·
Registered
149 Posts
I'm in Manhattan for now, Silver/Grey 06 1000.

Usually @ Union Bar on Park Ave South, 17/18th just about every day.

Sometimes I take trips out with the Lady, got a big one planned to TN next weekend

·
Registered
19 Posts
Saw a blue VStrom parked on Bleeker St. and MacDougal on Wednesday morning-0800 5/27. Anybody, anybody? PS; Finally got my Wee! An '08 w/ABS. Not on the road as of yet.
That'd be me. Usually park at 55 Water Street since the city took away free parking under the FDR.

Live in Staten Island and up for rides most Sundays.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Bikeopath that was 11 months ago but thats OK. Just noticed the other day how "under the FDR" has been cleaned up from years past. I know you weren't parked in the Village for 55 Water St. C'mon:confused:

Twobike : How you doin' ??

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hey Bikeopath that was 11 months ago but thats OK. Just noticed the other day how "under the FDR" has been cleaned up from years past. I know you weren't parked in the Village for 55 Water St. C'mon:confused:

Twobike : How you doin' ??
Perfectly aware 55 Water isn't in the village. I was in the village last week, taking care of some business at NYU.

On another note - anyone up to meet at the Hang on Tuesdays?

·
Registered
3 Posts
From Astoria Queens, always willing to do some group riding anywhere in the tristate area or possibly beyond. just broke in my V 09, it is screaming for some twisties.

·
Registered
6 Posts
WOW

i have been in stromtrooper for a while even though i dont post much,
i live right across the lincoln tunnel in union city, both in the city and in queens often, started w a wee 3 years ago, sold it last year w 79k on the ODO in the fall and picked up an 04 Vee w 12k, 10 months later i have it up almost up to 29k, if anybody is ever interested in riding let me know i can always work up a nice route straight pavement or mixed surface.

also check SSYSO.COM, lets say its a strom group instead of a club, mostly everyone is in NJ, PA and some in NY

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm out east on Long Island (Near BNL). Have on '06 Wee. Moved up here in January from TX. Bought the Wee last yr and don't have too many miles on it, yet, but I put plenty on my Bandit 600 I sold a few months back.

I enjoy taking longer trips when I can. Having to ride through NYC to get into the rest of the country kinda reduces my occasional 'I think I'll go for a 400mi day trip' impulses now, though.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts