StromTrooper banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am military and just got notified I am on assignment to move to Vicenza. I am between bikes at the moment and will only have about a month to shop when I get home before I pack out. I am wondering if it's worth the hassle to find one and pack out with house hold goods (free shipping). Or if Wee's are redily available at competitive prices in the area? Also in that vein is there an Italian equivalent to cycletrader (an online marketplace for used motorcycles).

Thanks All,

-CMF:confused:

·
Registered
639 Posts
Hi,
look into Autoscout24.it, it's similar to autotrader/cycletrader. You could but something in the US, but depends on how long you stay in Europe you would have to have it conform to 'Euro' standards (should be okay with a Strom) to have it registered and insured there. I have my bike from the UK, and the VZ1600 would never ever pass Swiss controls, even difficult for vehicles that come from Germany that is 40 miles away???? So perhaps better to buy local then dump it when you leave.
They do tend to ride a lot of scooters in Italy, even 800cc stuff like Aprilia GP800, but bikes are available. Then you can ride 150kms to the Stelvio Pass (84 hairpin turns) :thumbup:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts