StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
Depends on where you are located in MN. I live near Duluth. If you are anywhere near here, we have a small group (5-6 riders) that routinely get together for local 100+ mile rides. We seek out curvy scenic routes that have ma&pa coffee shops or restaurants for a break. I can shoot you a PM when we start riding in a few weeks.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Duluth is a couple hours away from me. It's my go to ride when I can't figure out where else to go.

·
Registered
74 Posts
2 trips planned

I have 2 camping trips planned so far.

1-June riding the MN river road eventually to Big Stone Lake Camp ground with a buddy on his cruiser. He's afraid I am going to take him off road :green_lol:

2-July riding the Lake Superior Circle Tour

I live south west of the twin cities BTW.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Honestly, If any of you get up this way to Duluth, I would be happy to provide some group riding opportunities as well as some lodging. I summer at my lake cabin just north of Duluth, could easily provide room there or in town. I ran into a couple of guys last summer who were riding the Lake Superior circle tour. Almost went with them, had the time off but was previously engaged. Anyway, made the same offer to them. Minimally, we should attempt at coming up with a few rally points this summer. Always fun to visit with other riding enthusiast.

·
Registered
74 Posts
VINCENT!!!

I'm in Winnipeg, but regularly ride down to Bemidji & Thief River Falls if you guys ever head north, let me know..
I might have to ride to Winnipeg just to see that Vincent. Do you still have it?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a Vstrom at my lake cabin/house north of Duluth on weekends and I'm always willing for a day ride. During the workweek I'm in the Southwest Minneapolis area commuting to work on a Honda NT700V. I seem to pick motorbikes that are function over form.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I have a Vstrom at my lake cabin/house north of Duluth on weekends and I'm always willing for a day ride. During the workweek I'm in the Southwest Minneapolis area commuting to work on a Honda NT700V. I seem to pick motorbikes that are function over form.
Tuuli,
We should go for a ride sometime. I am about 35 miles north of Duluth in the summer otherwise live in town. If you are interested, every few weeks some friends and I get together for local rides. BTW no one in the groups last name is Lorenzo or Rossi so safe group of riders. Another idea would be to attend bike night at Sir Benedicts on Superior street. Would be nice to see a few more V-Stroms there. There is always some cool bikes showing up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sir Benedicts?

Tuuli,
We should go for a ride sometime. I am about 35 miles north of Duluth in the summer otherwise live in town. If you are interested, every few weeks some friends and I get together for local rides. BTW no one in the groups last name is Lorenzo or Rossi so safe group of riders. Another idea would be to attend bike night at Sir Benedicts on Superior street. Would be nice to see a few more V-Stroms there. There is always some cool bikes showing up.
My favorite place to eat when in Duluth!! When is bike night I don't see any reference to it on their web site?

·
Registered
859 Posts
My favorite place to eat when in Duluth!! When is bike night I don't see any reference to it on their web site?
I want to say it is the last Tuesday of the month starting in May. I can let you know.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I always get a burger at Anchor Bar when I'm in the area. I tell myself riding burns calories.
The Anchor Bar is part of the local landscape here. I remember in my college days an olive burger with fries and Anchor Ale would be under $5 bucks. Great place and know it well. Of course now we have the famed "Thirsty Pagen" brewhouse where they brew fine ales/IPAs/stouts and without a doubt make the best pan pizza within 100 miles. Ask anyone. Sir Benedicts, 7West, Burrito Union, Brewhouse to name a few. One of my favorite rides and a place not well known but serves the best breakfast around is the Delta Dinner South of Iron River Wisconsin. Built to resemble a chromed out rail car. Featured on "Drives, Dives and Diners" and "Outdoor Wisconsin". Todd prepares excellent blue plate specials that are killer. There is also one of the best pieces of paved road nearby with nothing like it within 100 miles. Better than HWY 1.

·
Registered
859 Posts
Bleedgrn, so what's the road?
Can't tell you, would have to show you. Very light traffic, perfect asphalt through 20 miles of chicane with grass up to the side of the road and a forest canopy. No driveways or intersections. The people that know it would burn me down for broadcasting out to the world where it is and how to get to it. Hopefully the occasion will arise this summer to go.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey Guys.
I'm just NW of the Metro close to highways 169, 10 and 94.
I got up to Duluth last summer for the VBR-3 at Spirit Mountain.
My riding Buddy ( my Brother) lives south of Sioux Falls SD. So for weekend camping trips we try to meet somewhere that's about half way for each.
We have a spring camping trip planned for Camden State Park near Marshall MN.

Gadget Man

·
Registered
859 Posts
Wanted to go to the VBR last fall but had to work. I have heard good reviews on the event. I personally am a big supporter of Aerostich as are most of my riding buddies. I think it would be a lot of fun to come up with a few rides this summer. I am going to have breakfast later this week with a few riding friends and try to plan some rides and trips to put on the calender. If we nail some down I will publish them here. BTW some of the bikes I ride with are an 11 KLR 650, 08 Street Triple, 87 K75RT, 12 V-Strom 650 Adventure, GSA 1200, CBR600RR, so nice cross section.

1 - 20 of 99 Posts