Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any MI riders on the board?

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
There's got to be one of you out there, I saw you riding a 650 on Hines Drive today.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*sings*
Lonely I'm so lonely,
I have nobody,
For my owwnnn
I'm so lonely, I'm Mr. Lonely
I have nobody,
For my owwnnn
I'm so lonely..

(Team America reference for those who don't know)
:D

·
Registered
99 Posts
Haven't seen Team America yet, but I plan to soon.

I'm near Brighton. A friend of mine at work (sum1else on this board) also has a DL1000... but we've been neglecting the boards as of late.

I've seen a few other Stroms near Brighton and Ann Arbor. They're out there, though they may be hiding fairly soon considering that we're in Michigan and it could snow -- tomorrow. I'll be riding though. Usually ride all winter, too, assuming the roads aren't icy and it's above 20-25 degrees.

Cheers to you and yours.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you know of any good twisty roads around here?

B

·
0 Posts
Do you know of any good twisty roads around here?
Do they exist in Michigan???? Head down here to Ohio, I'll have you wearing down your tires in no time. Look at an Ohio map, and find Holmes and Hocking counties. They have some of the best riding you will find in the midwest!! 8)

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good freaking gracious that's deep into enemy territory... er.. I mean .. Ohio.

B

·
0 Posts
LOL!!! :lol: I promise to be nice if you wanna hook up sometime. It all depends on how bad you want to hit some sweet roads. Ohio was named as one of the best riding states. It aint all flat down here.... 8)

·
Registered
23 Posts
For what it's worth, I used to live in Traverse City. Man do I wish I'd had my Strom when I lived up there, or even better yet, I wish I still lived up there :cry:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BBurton said:
LOL!!! :lol: I promise to be nice if you wanna hook up sometime. It all depends on how bad you want to hit some sweet roads. Ohio was named as one of the best riding states. It aint all flat down here.... 8)
I'll have to keep that in mind for spring. Thanks.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Hillsdale county

I have an 05 / 650 and live in Hillsdale county

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Is anyone up for a ride before it gets even colder?

·
Registered
100 Posts
Michigan Stromtroopers Unite..or something like that

I'm in Kalamazoo, MI. Just bought my DL650k5 about 6 months ago. I've been riding, on and off, for about 16 years. I've owned about 9 bikes over those years. In purchasing the DL650, I'm stepping down in power over my last bike, but I've decided that too much power just gets me into trouble. I've been completely satisfied with the 650 motor and chasis so far. Great bike. Need to figure out how to get this thing to wheelie though. I loved doing that on my last bike but with that one, I'd just roll on the throttle quickly and up it would go. Just ordered a JMV belly pan from Europe. Should arrive in 5 weeks or so. Anyways.......it would be great to hook up with some other "local" Stromtroopers for a ride or something. Let me know what all of you think about doing that this spring. Talk at ya later..... :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
Michigan Stromtroopers Unite..or something like that

I'm in Kalamazoo, MI. Just bought my DL650k5 about 6 months ago. I've been riding, on and off, for about 16 years. I've owned about 9 bikes over those years. In purchasing the DL650, I'm stepping down in power over my last bike, but I've decided that too much power just gets me into trouble. I've been completely satisfied with the 650 motor and chasis so far. Great bike. Need to figure out how to get this thing to wheelie though. I loved doing that on my last bike but with that one, I'd just roll on the throttle quickly and up it would go. Just ordered a JMV belly pan from Europe. Should arrive in 5 weeks or so. Anyways.......it would be great to hook up with some other "local" Stromtroopers for a ride or something. Let me know what all of you think about doing that this spring. Talk at ya later..... :D

·
Registered
285 Posts
I have one waiting at the dealer for me now. Came in yesterday I went in to check it out and love it! Now if I can find affordable insurance for the DL-1000 I'll pick it up otherwise I'll have to have him find me a weeee, The insurance is 1/3 the cost. The bike has the sold sticker on it just waiting!!!!! I will definetly be hitting hines right after I pick it up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Ride to Holland MI last sunday in April

There is a group ride leaving from the Kalamazoo area on the last Sunday in April. You can find out more about it through Life Cycle in Kalmazoo, MIchigan. The ride is going to the Blessing of the Bikes in Holland Michigan. Let me know if anyone is interested. I'm definately going.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Got my DL-1000 this afternoon, couldn't wait until Monday, like the fun begin.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts