Strom Trooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm in the Reisterstown area, but I have ridden a little bit out toward Frederick. Great roads out there.

Do you know where there is any light off road places-fire roads and such-nothing too hard core?

thanks

·
Registered
57 Posts
I know of a lot of great roads in Maryland. If you are interested in something local to you with a little bit of dirt thrown in, here you go:

Take Liberty Road (Rt. 26) from the Baltimore Beltway. After passing through Eldersburg, the next town is Winfield. Just after the Winfield Fire house on the right, make a right on Salem Bottom Road.

A short distance on Salem Bottom Road, make a left on Sams Creek Road. Sams Creek Road will wander through the countryside for quite a few miles. With a short stint on a great dirt road.

After passing Hawks Hill Road, Make the next left on McKinstry Mill Road. The old abandoned McKinstry Mill will be on your left. From there cross the small bridge next to the mill which will put you on Pearre Road. At this point you will hit another short stretch of gravel road and go by a very old plantation home on the right that appears to have been built in the early 1700's.

At this point you dead end at Clemsonville Road. You can make a right and go to historic Union Bridge, MD. Or go left and head towards Frederick on some scenic roads.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Any of you MD guys interested in receiving the Stromtrooper Cache <LINK> end moving it further south? I will be receiving it from Canada on 12/29.

·
Registered
18 Posts
info

hey guys my nephew just moved to mt airys md and i am looking for a back way to his place on my v-strom, i live in bedford county pa he has a v-strom to, he lives on rt 144 just past twin arch road by a place called drovers any info would be great and if any of you want to ride western maryland and south centrail pa just let me know, i know the area well. thanks

·
Registered
88 Posts
Just picked up a 2014 DL650 2 weeks ago. Live in Dundalk, work near the old Ft. Ritchie. Normal routes are 140 or 70.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Camodude, I'm in Damascus (Montgomery County) just a few miles south of Mt Airy. I actually bought my SV from a friend who lived off 144 at the time.

Have you ever been to Centralia, PA? I've been itching to ride up there and check out that creepy "town".

·
Registered
249 Posts
Guys, I'm in Perry Hall but of course the weather has started to turn to the non-riding season for some of us. Yes, I don't like to be cold so it has to be above 45 for me to even think about my Wee Strom. I also just had a knee replaced so that I would be ready for spring.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi There. Im in Sterling, VA...not too far from you. Given the fact that I have to head an hour to the mountains for riding anyway, and the fact that laws in this state make riding a gamble with your license, I'd be more than happy to head up your way if there is any decent riding. Just got heated grips on the Wee, so I'm game as long as the temps are above freezing.
-Gee

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hey guys,
I just got my 14 V1000 and always looking to ride. Im just outside Frederick, MD. I ride all winter unless there is ice.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thought I would chime in, I am right outside Ocean City Maryland if anyone ever wants to ride on the Eastern Shore or make the trip out to a rally let me know. Just got my 2015 XT on Saturday and am ready to put a couple hundred thousand miles on her.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts