Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the new wee?

Like cycle world, etc?

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Rider has a pretty good one in the current or last edition. I saw at least one other in Motorcyclist or Cycle World, but don't recall which.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mag Reviews

For the new wee?

Like cycle world, etc?
There is an excellent review in the Sept' 11 issue of BIKE magazine from the UK. They tend to be honest and straight forward in their reviews. I would have to say that on the whole, it was an extremely positve review. I believe it is available on line. Definitely a good read.

·
Registered
2,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The latest Road Runner (April I think) has a good review of it.
:thumbup:

2012 Suzuki V-Strom ABS & ABS Adventure | RoadRUNNER Motorcycle Touring & Travel Magazine

Although the original V-Strom 650 used the SV650’s engine, the 2012 model is powered by the same engine as Suzuki’s Gladius. This lively, 645cc V-twin shares the 81mm bore and 62.6mm stroke but receives different pistons, cylinders, intake camshafts, and valve springs. A redesigned crankshaft enhances V-twin feel, and a scissors-type primary gear reduces mechanical noise. Single valve springs (which replace doubles) reduce internal friction, and a high-speed 32-bit ECU plus fine-atomization fuel injectors improve efficiency, for a claimed 10 percent gain in mileage.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Motorcycle Consumer News will have one next ish.

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The May issue of Roadbike, Motorcycle Crusing, has the 650 on the cover, with "more bang for your buck" under the new 650 V-Strom title. The article had nothing but good things to say about the bike.Cheers--BB

1 - 9 of 9 Posts