StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see lots of threads about English, Scottish and continental members on here.
Just wondering if there is any other Irish troopers around.

·
Registered
1 Posts
How's it going Mark , from Dublin Ireland myself .. Dont see to many Irish guys replying to any requests on these sites. I live on the north side of the city myself and drive all year round (snow permitting) .. :thumbup:

·
Registered
984 Posts
Kinda

I see lots of threads about English, Scottish and continental members on here.
Just wondering if there is any other Irish troopers around.
I can trace my ancestry back to Co. Donegal and Co. Tyrone through the McGarrigle and McPike lineages so I guess I'm kinda Irish. The rest of my mongrel make up is French and German with a little Native American thrown in for spice. The genetic scientists say we're all at least 22nd cousins in this world, so, "Howdy cuz."

·
Registered
12 Posts
Im from just outside Antrim in the north, I'm a truck driver and my runs are all down south if you see a christies wagon knocking about gimme a flash!!
Also there is a camping/offroading weekend organised for the 18th March weekend on XRVIreland.org you should get the details of and come along, there are quite a few going to it already so whould be a fun weekend, on hand will be an ex police instructor thats also done Simon Pavy's BMW offroad skills courses, so you will get a good few pointers on the tracks.
There will be no mad offroad stuff as noone wants to bend their bikes just a bit of good fun and dirty exploring around Donegal.

Get in touch or visit the xrv forum for more info

Jeff

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hey folks, south Kilkenny Strommer here. Picked up my Wee in the States, took it up to Alaska, back down to Panama then (after doing South America on an XT600), and now I've my baby home here with me. On her every day!
See ye on the road someday folks!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
MKA

I'M A NEWISH STROMMER, LOGGING ON CHECKING OUT ALL THREADS FOR IDEAS ETC.
I'M IRISH, FROM DONEGAL, IRELAND I RIDE ALL YEAR ROUND IF NO ICE OR SNOW.......!!!
I HAVE A 650 DL 2008...........FANTASTIC ENGINE, ADDED NEW SPLIT SCREEN, SUPERBRACE ETC ETC.......LOVE IT IN TWISTY RADS ROUND HERE.:thumbup:
ALSO COS I LOVED THE 650 BOUGHT A 1000 GT (2008) FOR BIGGER ROAD TRIPS (NEXT SPRING I HOPE TO CROSS IRELAND TO CORK, ON THRU FRANCE AND SWITZERLAND AND INTO ITALY, WILL DO THIS ALONE ) NEED THE BIGGER ONE FOR BIGGER MILES ON STRAIGHT ROADS.....ADDED STUFF SAME AS 650...........LOVE IT ALMOST AS MUCH.......!!!:thumbup:
I DID A 3 HOUR RIDE YESTERDAY, BLOODY COLD, PASSED A TRUCK IN A DITCH FROM BLACK ICE....NO BIG PROBLEM, POLICE WERE THERE TO HELP.....EVERY TRIP IN THIS WEATHER IS AN EVENT........!!!
DON'T KNOW ANY OTHER V-STROM OWNERS EXCEPT FOR JASON IN MC NULTY'S BIKE SHOP IN ENNISKILLEN.
THE FORUM IS BRILLIANT, ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW TO BE LEARNT AND REALLY GOOD PEOPLE WITH GREAT ADVICE.:hurray:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lads,
Just joined this forum also. Riding a 650 Strom since last year and very pleased with it. Retired! so do a fair bit of riding at home and abroad. Been doing the Irish Photo Rally since 2004, this gets me to parts of Ireland I've never been to before. Based in Cork, approx 12 minutes from the Ferry. Best of luck with your trip for 2012.

·
Registered
187 Posts
I think you guys need to plan a trip to Montana to visit your Irish storm-cousins and their riding backyard! :hurray:

·
Registered
3 Posts
wee strom

Hi I am from dublin 8 just bought a 650 after riding other
bikes for years like it a lot hope to meet other owners
for a ride out chat and advice:thumbup:

·
Registered
3 Posts
wicklow trooper

living in wicklow driving a v strom 1000 i live 20 mins from the wicklow gap so loads of great roads around:thumbup:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hi again all, sorry about creating the thread and never weighting in again, I moved out of Ireland and haven't been on the site in some time.

Good to see that the thread is still somewhat alive and that there are a few of us on here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all

Fairly new to the strom world, I have a 1000 and Im getting quite fond of it, great power and handling, must get the clutch modified to stop the chudder but apart from that its a great ride.
I am in the south west, just outside Limerick.

AG

1 - 20 of 44 Posts