StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have ordered a new rear tire and, as long as it gets here in time, I will be installing it next week. At the same time I will be doing a TPS check, throttle body sync, and installing a new horn. Anyone interested in watching and maybe learning, or offering their own brand of advice? Heck, if you just want to hang out that's OK too.

While I plan on working on my bike, if someone wants to bring their own project we'll tackle that too. I will set the whole day aside so we'll have plenty of time.

I'm thinking Tuesday the 17th or Saturday the 21st depending on interest. I'll have plenty of coffee and soft drinks and come lunch time we can order pizza or something.

I realize it's short notice. Any interest? If so, which day?

Mike
386-774-6954

·
Premium Member
224 Posts
Mike, I would like to be there to learn and work on my strom but I am busy on both of those dates. If you do this again please let me know and I'll take off of work. Mystrom

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Mike, great idea. Either day and I can be there to lend assistance or create problems. Just let me know which day works for you and others.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Mike,

I’m definitely interested and either day works for me. Saturday would be preferred but I can probably take a “mental health day” on Tuesday. I’ve been thinking about a louder horn for my bike and would be very interested in watching one installed.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Winnie, love that term 'mental health day'. I can think of so many times I should have used one of them instead of fighting the bad fight(work). Hope to see you at Mike's.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd love to

A tech day sounds like a great idea! Saturday would work better for me. I hope to see you soon!

Steve

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
That's a great offer, Mike. Good on you. I don't even own a tool box, so I'd never take advantage of an deal like that. Tomorrow all of the aftermarket junk should be on my new Vee so I'll post some pix of the GPS and horn mounts/connections.

So when are we gonna ride again?

Rod
07 Vee
Riverview, FL

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Another ride? Are we going to ride again? I sure hope so!! Anybody out there want to do the next ride?
Hey Rod, are you coming over to Mike's for the tech session? Take a "Winnie" mental health day and come join us!!!

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
Hiya Jim!

I've been working on a project that might be my entire year. I should be done in another week or so. Sure hope we win the job. I'd rather be ridin' than wrenchin'.

Who knows that Cedar Key to Lake City to Tallahassee to Georgia area?
Rod

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
Next Ride?

Hiya Jim!

Who knows that Cedar Key to Lake City to Tallahassee to Georgia area?
Rod
Wow that would be great. I love that Florida armpit area. I've not explored it much but someone here sure must have. I know Roy (flrdr) our Connie rider has some maps and routes including this region. Perhaps Roy is out there listening. We have not seen him in a while.

Perhaps time to start a new thread so as not to clutter up Mike's tech day.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Tech Day

Mike,

If you do it Tue (4-17) I am very interested. Let me know and I will take the day off.

Sat. is a no go because that is Prom for one of my daughters and I have younger daughter due all day while by wife and older daughter does that hair\makeup, ect.

Three things I have always wanted to learn 1. Value Adjustment 2. TPS Check 3. TB Sync so this would take care of two out of three.

As you know I am a Drafting\C.A.D. teacher at a local high school so I am just an old Vocational Teacher. I am really looking forward to it, with me it is usually show me once and I can then do it myself from then on.

"I Hear and I forget"
"I See and I remember"
"I Do and I understand"

Bill "SandShark"
03 VStrom DL1000
02 DRZ400S

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OK, this is tough, I hate to leave anyone out but I don't want to take the blame for anyone's mental health either. :)

Let's do this Saturday,the 21st. Anytime after 9:00 am will be fine.

Bill: Is any of this work due on your bike now? Do you have a free evening this week we could do it? If not, whenever you're ready let me know and I'll see what I can do.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sat. Tech Day

Mike,

I might be able to make it for awhile, I will be there to help and lend moral support even if we can't work on my bike . I will be there a little after 9:00 and can stay till 12:30. If we get to the TBS and TPS on mine that would be great but if not we could do it another day. We do only live about 30 minutes from each other.

Will you have coffee or will this coffee addict need to bring his own.

Bill "SandShark"

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Mike, any idea as to how long you will be running your tech session? I might be able to come over later, not sure about my schedule right now due to the contractors. I'll check with you before I make the long ride over.

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Bill, if i know Roseanne, you will have all of the coffee you can drink. She and Mike are excellent hosts. Sorry I wont be able to make it.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Mike, any idea as to how long you will be running your tech session? I might be able to come over later, not sure about my schedule right now due to the contractors. I'll check with you before I make the long ride over.
Prolly be around here all day, but you can give me a call first if you want:

386-774-6954

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Well, how did the 'tech' session go on Saturday? My contractors did not leave until almost 7:00 PM, urghhhh.

·
Premium Member
368 Posts
We had a great time as always when we visit Mike and Roseanne.

Bill and Steve were there.

We installed a center stand, some crash guards (ahhhh… engine guards). We checked throttle body sync on several bikes using Mike’s expertise. We did some seat trading to try different options. I learned that there is some extra storage space way at the back behind the space under my seat. I never noticed that before. More room to stow away more treasures :) Now I’m definitely considering adding a fuse block.

Mike was working on installing his new horn.

We arrived a bit late and had to leave early so I’m sure we missed stuff but it was fun and very informative.
Winnie and Rick

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
Glad all had a good time and some learning went on. I wish I could have been there, but.......... Maybe for the next one????? Who is doing a ride for May????

1 - 20 of 21 Posts