StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The brake light connection from my E52 box and the mounting plate has gone tits up and none of the attempts to repair the original connection has held up for more than 10 min. Before I start drilling and soldering new fittings I was wondering how others have fixed this. The connection is originally manufactured with fairy dust and sparrow hide so mine can't be the only one that has failed.

Most people here are much smarter than me; have any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
2,231 Posts
I know I've seen a few different solutions on here, including SAE connectors.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have looked at the admore stuff. Do they come with a new connector for the base plate and the top box? The lights on my box work as new, just the connector took a crap.

·
Administrator
17,213 Posts
Take off the Givi topbox!!!!

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I use a coaxial connector like the ones that come on heated gear. Gerbings sells short extension cables for short money and you cut it in half. One half goes to the brake wiring and the other goes to the Givi lights. Drill a hole through the top case in an out of the way spot and seal it with RTV.

·
$tromtrooper
2,378 Posts
I have looked at the admore stuff. Do they come with a new connector for the base plate and the top box? The lights on my box work as new, just the connector took a crap.
Yes, you drill a hole and install a new quick twist connector. Makes it easy to move from bike to bike. The givi stays as a hole filler. I originally installed the connector on the front of the box, but decided it would be too vulnerable with a passenger. Moved it to the bottom, right rear. Protected the pass through with a bit of pcv siliconed into place.

Besides brake lights, I got the turn signals, too. A worthwhile upgrade IMHO.

Oh, need to take care in placement of circuit board. Easy to break with, say, the seat - not covered under warranty. Don't ask :mrgreen:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts