StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The clocks on my bike have gone mad. They turn on and off and are not displaying correct milage, fuel, speed etc My local garage cant take the bike in for a another 10 days and I'm wondering could this just be a loose connection or something I could look at fixing myself with a little guidance. I have no idea where to start looking so if any one can help or suggest things to check it would be greatly appreciated.

The clocks died while i was leaving Derby england to go to ireland and back again. The whole journey cost me 90 miles according to the odo :shock: i think its closer to 350 oops...

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey! I have the same problem, speedo is/was showing insane speeds. Then it went completely dead. This happened right after 24 000km service so I suspect that there could be a loose wire somewhere. Now the problem has disappeared but I will return my bike to service if this problem reappears. If you get any answers what was wrong please reply to this thread.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
All of my indicators began actiing strange starting with the speedo, then the tack then the fuel and temp indicators. Finally they all quit. The bike was still under waranty and my dealer replaced the entire unit. This was on an 04 dl650.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dead...

WELL... my problem was very simple in the end, I took it back to the garage, they took the dash apart, 're-connected' a connection block (or something) and now it works. It was just after my 24k service too. But who cares as long as it works now Im happy! :lol:

daVeStrom

1 - 4 of 4 Posts