StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone fitted handguards yet?

I got a set for a '02 DL1000 and, while the right hand side fits staright on, the left hand side won't work without major modifications. The guards use the clutch lever mounting bolt to locate. The 1000 has a hydraulic clutch which means the lever pivot point is at the front of the lever assembly. The cable clutch has the pivot point in close to the handlebars. I thought a bit of careful plastic removal would get the guard to fit but if it does fit to the pivot it will be too close the clutch lever :(

Does any of that make sense? :oops:

·
Registered
195 Posts
fitted some acerbis rally pro to my new 650...very "minor" hacking, er, trimming required. will try to get some pix up mon or tues...

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I used Emgo [the people who make oil filters] on my DR650. They are adjustable to differnt bikes and only cost $50 Can.

If something specific doesn't come out soon, I'll try a pair on my DL650 also

Bobb

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Had a look at the powermadd. I'm not sure how the mounting system will work on a DL. The example shown is a dirt bike with no bulky switch gear or mirrors to get in the way of the mounting. I'll check it out when I get home. Thanks for the tip ...

I couldn't find any mention of handguards at the emgo site ...? Like the Multistrada mirror sthough ..

·
Registered
32 Posts
isn't 'zuke supposed to be coming out with some for it?? They damn well better HURRY!!

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Emgo Handguards

The part number for blue ones is 87-97957. Different number for black.

My mechanic is confident these can be adapted to the DL650

Bobb

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, according to Gerald's first post...if those are for the 1000, it will require major mods due to the hydraulic clutch vs. cable clutch on the 650.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No the Emgo ones are NOT for the DL1000. They are generic adjustable ones I used on my DR 650

Bobb

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well, I did some research...and it appears there are some emgo ATV handguards which would work well...thing is there brand/model specific for fit. IF I knew for which ATV model would fit the 'strom, i'd buy those.

·
Registered
32 Posts
actually those powermadd one's don't look too bad either...let's all share what we try here guys.. :)

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi,

I installed the original Suzuki DL650 handguards last week. They cost me 39 euro's in the Netherlands.

Here are some pictures:

and

Description: KNUCKLE COVER SET
Part number: 57300-27820-291
Application: DL650
Installation time: 0.4 Hours

·
Registered
32 Posts
VERY nice!! I sure wish they'd become available here. Hell maybe they are and I just don't know it!! :shock:

·
Registered
355 Posts
Ferdo, thanks. I just gave that part number to my parts guy, I'll see if he can get those in the US. He thinks Suzuki will be opening up some parts for the DL650 on the 19th of the month, who knows.

How much were the handguards (in euros)? You might be able to make some money by shipping some over here.. If I can't get them in the next few weeks, I'd certainly pay for it.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tedder, they were 39 euro's. I installed them myself but had some troubles with the balancer screws. Didn't know that there was a washer and nut on it. So the nut stayed inside the handlebars and I needed half an hour help of the dealer to remove it: another 23 euro's....

Sorry about the picture. The second picture is now updated, please clear the cache of your browser...

Ferdinand.

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I checked on the part number at my local Suzuki dealer this afternoon. They showed the part as available but on back order from there distributor. The price was $49.95. Am I the only one that is having trouble getting the Suzuki accessories from the dealer? I realize that it is a new model, but you would think that they would have the stuff available when the bikes hit the show room floor. BTW, I now have 700 miles on my DL-650 and am loving every min. of it! It is one nice all around bike!

·
Registered
32 Posts
well, I just ran that part number to 2 different parts guys at 2 different dealerships...no go. Not sure what's going on here.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
When I asked about stuff here in Canada they didn't have anything listed and said "maybe some time in May'.

I went with Mototech, Givi and hamemade.

Not unusual for new bikes to come out and the addons to be 6 months later

1 - 20 of 20 Posts