StromTrooper banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am going tomorrow to look at a 07 DL650. It has 15k on the clock. Any thing special that I should pay special attention to check. I am fairly competent mechanically and used to working on my own bikes. I was planning on checking the normal motorcycle things such as chain/sprocket wear, any worn bushings, or slop in the steering bearings.

Are there any particulars about the engine that I should look at, or anything that would be an indication of future problems with these bikes?

Thanks,
John

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Check if the 1st major service was done, includes valve check. If not and you do it yourself it gives you some wiggle room.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What all is involved with the first service, and at what mileage is it supposed to be done? I did some google searching and was not able to easily find the maintenance schedule.

While I am at it, the asking price on the bike is $3900, which seems to be a few hundred lower than the going price for similar bikes in the area. That is attractive to me, but I am also wanting to make sure that everything is good when I look at it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts