StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any special deals? Thanks!

I got in on the free MCN deal last year and that was great. I also get Motorcycle Explorer for free online.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My local library gets Road Runner, and I like to read selected articles. It is primarily aimed at touring riders (which would apply to many V Strom owners like us). However, because it is rather expensive, I have chosen to get Rider and Cycle World as my all-around reading material for bikes.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks guys! I renewed MCN and ordered Rider so far and in print of course. I don't do long trips ( I stick to under 500 miles or so) - otherwise Road Runner looks great as well.

Yes - I still prefer paper copies of my favorite magazines piled on the back of the toilet despite being a techy and retiring from IT - 35 years.

The wife and I have several of every tech device known to mankind but I still like a paper magazine in my hands. The wife uses her iPad or smart phone. Sometimes I use my laptop or mini-iPad or Galaxy or even on a 70" smart HDTV but it just isn't the same digitally IMO. I have two free motorcycle online subscriptions as well.

Four should do it on this hobby. lol

·
Registered
48 Posts
ADVMoto hands down best adventure off road magazine.

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I talked to several folks on ADVMoto. A few complaints but overall good reviews. They all said to do it digitally which includes back issues for $12. The print is way overpriced for a lot of advertising and only six issues.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Good call on Rider. Easy to read, honest, good bike reviews, good travel stories and they don't take a bike and spend thousands on upgrades that make the bike faster around a racetrack. Rider reviews bikes the way I would ride them, on the street and how the bike rolled off the showroom. Sorry, just a gripe I have with other rags.

·
Registered
36 Posts
ADVMoto hands down best adventure off road magazine.
I second this, I get ADVmoto and it has some really great articles from rides all around the world.

Yes its a little pricey but they do give a discount for AMA members. The price is well worth the magazine IMO. They give good reviews of all types of gear.

I also like Rider, Cycle world and MCN has good stuff too

·
Registered
39 Posts
Overland is primarily focused on travel although by motorcycle, great pictures quality and an endless inspiration source for trips close or far away...

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks - I had not heard of it but it turns out the Barnes and Noble book store a few miles away has both Overland and ADVMoto so I will pick up a copy of the latest of both to evaluate them.

Overland looks good on their web site. Maybe similar to ADVMoto in covering stories of long adventure trips around the globe.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts