StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Just got my Strom at the beginning of this week. I'm wondering if there are any good dual sport roads/trails in the upstate NY area. I'm in Rochester, so something in Western NY would be great.

My crash bars are coming in next week and I don't plan on getting a skid plate just yet, so I don't plan on going on anything other than dirt/gravel roads. No real dirt bike experience either though (rode a 250 2-stroke in grass/fields, no trails though) so I'm looking for some tame trails/roads for now.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
89 Posts
Head east

Hey there z33tec, head east and find osceola ny, then head north from there onto the tug hill plateau. There are some good paved roads, good dirt roads, and some tougher trails. Bring GPS or a good map though.

Should be about a 2 hour drive each way for you.

And tell me if you go:thumbup:

·
Registered
605 Posts
Look at a map and find Big Indian. Its in the Catskills. You can ride up and down the Catskill mountains from BI on route 47 I think to McClaryville. Its the coolest back road.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,520 Posts
Look at a map and find Big Indian. Its in the Catskills. You can ride up and down the Catskill mountains from BI on route 47 I think to McClaryville. Its the coolest back road.
I wouldn't call Rt 47 a Dual Sport road, but it is fun. I rode it July 4th weekend.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Thanks Black Lab & Z23Tec, me and a buddy are going to do a couple days up in the Catskills in two weeks and don't want to miss any of the good roads or views :)
Jag

1 - 6 of 6 Posts