StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Any geocachers out there?

Hey guys,

Are there any Geocachers out there? I've just gotten into it myself and I think that it goes hand-in-hand with pootling around on a Strom.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Snab,had to have a google re the meaning of such and I'm in if my GPS leads me to a cold stubby of draught or the latest black label Penthouse :thumbup::thumbup::mrgreen:

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hahah nice. i never need a GPS to find me that stuff though, I have a natural ability to sniff that out ;).

Its actually a pretty decent little activity to get you to places you mightnt otherwise go.

Basically, there are millions of little boxes of treasure stashed around the world - most of the time they're hidden in nice spots. You get their GPS co-ords online and go find them. Leave a trinket, sign your name, and off you go. Its basically a worldwide treasure hunt, and it takes you to nice places you'd never otherwise go.

Definitely works well in tandem with stromming.

·
Registered
924 Posts
I think Travelling Strom indulges in this activity when he's not rescuing people from the floodwaters around Rockhampton. Perhaps he's out restocking some of the caches that went under in January.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Thanks for the heads up snab.
I had heard of it but never really saw the point in looking for treasure.
Never considered that the real treasure might be the locations themselves.
Will look more into this.

Mick.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts