StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are a couple threads about the CCS100 Audiovox Vacuum Cruise Control, and I've heard that a couple folks have purchased the vacuumless version. I'm looking for info about the vaccumless version to determine which option is better for my V. So if you're out there and have any feedback, please post.

Cheers.

Update: I just bought the vacuum version, so feedback at this point isn't crucial... but I'm still interested. (FYI, the CCS100 seems to be back-ordered at every online merchant I checked with, however I just found one -- their last one -- at my local Murray's auto parts store for $95. If anyone's interested, I suggest you check out your local auto parts dealers.)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Geoff

I would like to try the vacuum less version also, but cannot seem to find the part # or a source. Problem is some places call all versions "eletronic"

thx, greg

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
I can't speak for the v-strom, but I put one on my ST1300 and had great results. I also found I didn't need the vacuum canister. I just made sure I put the check valve in very close to the throttle bodies. I can't say for certain that putting it close made it work, but a mechanic friend said that they used to put them on older Goldwings and this is what they did, without the canister. I also don't know if it would work on the V with 2 less cylinders. I do know it was a lot easier to install without the canister and I would probably give it a try first.

Tom

1 - 3 of 3 Posts