Registered
813 Posts
Remus:

In action:

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
What's wrong with the stock mufflers?
They're not too loud, and you won't get anymore power out of an aftermarket can. If you want noise, why not drill some holes in the stock muffler? (it's cheaper)

·
Registered
83 Posts
I've run both Hole Shot and Staintune. I thought the HS were pretty loud. I really liked the Staintune. Of course they are the most expensive choice.:jawdrop:

·
Premium Member
2,990 Posts
No one has mentioned Akropovic's?? On the Wee, the Akro system weighs 12 lbs less than the stocker. Adding an aftermarket exhaust isn't always about HP gains........nor sound differences. :fineprint:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Leo Vince

I love my Leos. They add power and entertainment plus look great and weigh 20 lbx or so less. They are nice and loud--my riding buddies love the sound--and so do I. The DL1000 neeeeds and loves aftermarket cans!!

·
Registered
248 Posts
I've got the two bros carbon cans and they do sound good, but the passenger complains as she is closer to them I guess. I set off car alarms in covered car parks and usually use ear plugs, but the weight saving is great and they don't get super hot to touch, which works well when I run saddle bags.

·
Registered
522 Posts
The best sounding cans for a Vee, in my opinion, is the Beuwolf's. They make all the right sounds without all the noise.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I have 2 Bros.

I think they sound similar enough to the Remus that is posted on page 1. I love the sound, and because I also added a PCIII at the same time, I got the smoother added performance, and the sound of the old TL/SV 1000. Ditto on car alarms. Frankly, that's their problem not mine. If their alarm is that sensative, I imagine busses and trucks set them off, too. Very satisfied with the 2 Bros.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks Everyone for the constructive input !

The reason I want to change them is mainly to get rid of the boat anchor weight of the stockers and the catalytic converters as I like quiet,but enjoy the nice tone of a free breathing system,plus lets any engine "breath" easier!
Even thought about cutting up the stockers and free flowing them with NO converters and aftermarket internal baffles:thumbup:

Sounds like LeoVince is the way to go !

·
Registered
151 Posts
The reason I want to change them is mainly to get rid of the boat anchor weight of the stockers and the catalytic converters as I like quiet,but enjoy the nice tone of a free breathing system,plus lets any engine "breath" easier!
Even thought about cutting up the stockers and free flowing them with NO converters and aftermarket internal baffles:thumbup:

Sounds like LeoVince is the way to go !
I just finished to modify one of my muffler, and I can tell you that there is no cat converter on a 03 DL1000. If you want the tone and not too loud, you might be interested in the write-up i'm about to do

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Your Writeup !

I just read it and replied,look forward to speaking to you.:thumbup:
Was told by Suzuki USA they do have C'converters in them here in the States, and judging by their weight, they SURE have some old barge or otherwise inside those heavy as ---- stock boat anchor 'cans ! :thumbdown:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts