StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to be a good product. Any Canucks order one? If so how does he ship and what did it cost you for the S+H? Doesn't refer to it on his site. How about delivery time?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,560 Posts
WeThereYet said:
Seems to be a good product. Any Canucks order one? If so how does he ship and what did it cost you for the S+H? Doesn't refer to it on his site. How about delivery time?
Mine came within a week.. I think I had to pay about $12.00 or so for GST/PST.

No hassel.. came quicker than I expected.

Here is what madstad sent me before I ordered when I inquired in August about total shipping and duty costs:

----------------------------------------

No problem shipping to Canada, we ship there every week. Your cost is $13.00 USD / $14.72 CAD for US Global Priority Air Mail which takes about 7-10 days. My understanding is that you also will have to pay a 6% federal import tax and most likely an 8% provincial tax as well.

-----------------------------------------

..Tom
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
Same thing here with the shipping and handling. Well worth the price of admission. Had the bracket for my first long distance ride and it was a tremendous difference with the stock shield.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. Did you order by phone or online? What I really want to see is a good picture of this thing all the way up and tilted back. I am just concerned it will look odd. The pics that are out there now don't show that position as clearly as I'd like. I don't mind the stock shield all that much. It is what it is after all and I didn't buy the bike to be a SUV. But money burns a hole in my pocket and I'm always looking for potential improvements.
 

·
Forum Admin
Joined
·
11,174 Posts
WeThereYet said:
Thanks guys. Did you order by phone or online? What I really want to see is a good picture of this thing all the way up and tilted back. I am just concerned it will look odd. The pics that are out there now don't show that position as clearly as I'd like. I don't mind the stock shield all that much. It is what it is after all and I didn't buy the bike to be a SUV. But money burns a hole in my pocket and I'm always looking for potential improvements.
You will probably not use it all the way up and back. I have mine set half up and all the way back and it is perfect, and looks fine. I will take some pics later so you can see what it looks like.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,451 Posts
Lajaro, NAFTA was to be a good thing until Canadian politicians got involved. Due to their meddling and inept understanding of real trade between two countries most of our prices for products went up. That is to say, the prices for Can goods sold in Can went up to compensate for a lot of stupidity. I have no real problem with a slightly higher price for U.S. goods but give me a break, I can't afford to support Can manufacturing. The Pacific Rim manufacturers have a captured consumer here.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,402 Posts
real trade between two countries
Tell that to the lumber and cattle producers here in Canada. Despite repeated victories by Canada in the courts , protective US duties on softwood continued for years.

Likewise the "mad cow" scare. Nearly the whole meat packing industry in Canada got subsidies from that one. They are nearly all US owned though. The beef producers themselves got the rest of the cow.

Our supply of natural gas is in high demand to produce electricity for cooling most of the South Western States and now costs us more here as a result of supply/demand.
Which could be part of the reason why
the prices for Can goods sold in Can went up
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,406 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Fatalerror. Great pics. Looks good to me, with the exception of the "all way down and back". I'll order one tomorrow. Thanks again.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
13,560 Posts
I ordered online after a few email inquiries (which were promptly answered.)

If you were worried about things looking odd you wouldn't have bougth a V-Strom in the first place.. just go ahead and get it and be happy!

..Tom


WeThereYet said:
Thanks guys. Did you order by phone or online? What I really want to see is a good picture of this thing all the way up and tilted back. I am just concerned it will look odd. The pics that are out there now don't show that position as clearly as I'd like. I don't mind the stock shield all that much. It is what it is after all and I didn't buy the bike to be a SUV. But money burns a hole in my pocket and I'm always looking for potential improvements.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
V-Tom said:
I ordered online after a few email inquiries (which were promptly answered.)

If you were worried about things looking odd you wouldn't have bougth a V-Strom in the first place.. just go ahead and get it and be happy!

..Tom

Ouch. Should have seen that one coming! You are sooo right! :lol:

I'll be ordering today.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top