StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any Canadian riders having produced or sourced custom length rear supension links? I would like to raise the rear ride height of my DL1000K4 via shorter links. Stock eye to eye measurement is apparently 140mm, minus 6mm and minus8mm used to be offered, yielding increases of 5/8" and 7/8". My 41 litre Touratech panniers have always unloaded the front end and I would like to transfer some weight forward via increased rear ride height. I've contacted a e-bay maker of Hayabusa lowering links which are inexpensive, but he's slow to respond to inquiries and the seasons rapidly coming to a close and I've spent most of this year servicing and upgrading this bike. One of the euro. forum members had his custom links made from stainless, via either laser or high pressure water etc., sure would be nice to run across someone with access to this technology. I'll be mounting a Scotts damper shortly, but have to readjust my steering head bearing preload first, as I seem to have set the new tapered roller bearings too snug. Sigh... Got a good price of $390. USD from White Buffalo Racing.com and shipped to Canada in less than a week through USPS express for $20. USD. Any help in this matter would be appreciated, would like to sort the handling before the seasons done.

·
Premium Member
4,451 Posts
Check out KoubaLinks. Send them an e-mail and inquire about raising the rear end. I got my lowering links from them and the service was great. Looking is free and they might be your answer.

·
Registered
27 Posts
You can try Kevin Baker though Murphskits as well and see if he will do you up some custom ones. Murph ships via USPS so no big surprises when they get here. You can email murph at [email protected] Kevin uses cold rolled steel for his links and the workmanship is great. I have his 3/4" lowering ones on my K5.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts