StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all - new member here, sorry if this has been addressed. I'm in the market for a V-strom, and I'm curious if anyone has any news on what the new model year will hold? I did a bunch of google searching and cannot find any information aside from a UK V-strom thread from late 2015 where a guy said a friend that is a dealer heard about an increase in horsepower and a redesigned crank on the DL1000 (rumor was 120hp crank?): That thread is here

From the news posts I can find, it seems like it was about this time last year that the news for the 2016 DL650 started: LINK TO ARTICLE
I was curious if anyone had ran across any news on the 2017 model years?

If this is irrelevant or the incorrect place or has already been covered, please disregard.

Thanks!

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
The only thing I've seen is that the 2017 model year for all bikes is the one that will have to meet Euro-4 emissions standards. That will probably require some changes.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. A quick look for petrol cars and the Euro 4 only covers NOX. I guess on a motorcycle this would mean EGR? Maybe it will have something to do with Suzuki's new patent on variable valve timing. Not an expert, but have had exposure to diesel engines and their respective emissions technologies, and most of it will apply to petrol as well. Since NOX is NOX, regardless the source, I would guess the same technologies for reducing it apply?

·
Registered
207 Posts
Vvt and 120hp would be amazing... I would probably kick myself for getting my new one a couple months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Vvt and 120hp would be amazing... I would probably kick myself for getting my new one a couple months ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's kind of my hope - people trading in their older ones when the new ones come out. Since I'm not in a super hurry, I can wait a bit for a good deal. May miss this most of this riding season, but I have a smaller bike for putting around town.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Suzuki does not make frequent changes that are drastic. I wouldn't look for anything significant from them until 2019 or 20.
I also personally don't think we can expect major changes for a couple more years. Probably just new colours. All of Suzuki's R&D cash likely went to the 2017 GSX-R 1000 that's coming out LOL

If they do refresh the motor for 2017 I would only upgrade if they also did an exterior refresh as well. Halogen bulbs are so passé.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I heard they were going to add shaft drive, electric windshield, heated grips and seat, 120hp and active electronic suspension on the 2017 models.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Read on an aprilia forum that Suzuki are working on a load sensing suspension for the v-strom. 1000 or 650 were not specified.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
There's only 3 years out, i doubt they'd make changes that soon, considering the previous model.

At least one hopes. Because it's always fun to own a bike that doesn't look its age.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I really don't think VVT, shaft drive, cruise control will be coming to Suzuki DL models any time soon.Like Chirosyd said, that's BMW money. Honda's lineup of adventure models don't have anything similar to those kinds of features except on the sport touring models and Goldwings. All of that is north of $17k. A new base 650 is almost half that.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Hydraulic valves would be fantastic--OUI?

As would be a displacement increase to 750cc's.'

A mid-mount exhaust would be nice too so that any soft bags would fit right over the passenger seat or luggage rack, with Bi-lateral symmetry that doesn't stick out so far.

BETTER BRAKES. My stock Honda Trail 90 had better brakes.

USD forks are more compliant.

6 gallon tank.

Sam:wink2:

·
Administrator
17,537 Posts
I heard they were going to add shaft drive, electric windshield, heated grips and seat, 120hp and active electronic suspension on the 2017 models.
There will be one in my garage if that ever in fact happens. :fineprint:

·
Premium Member
3,418 Posts
I would be happy with improvements to charging system, wind management (aka buffeting) and seat. Shaving pounds whenever possible would be nice too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
As far as I've seen at my dealer's on my last visit, the adventure model does not longer get equipped with SW-Motech gear, but Hepco&Becker (racks, panniers and skidplate). As far as the Euro 4 rules, the 2014 Wee I own was already up to the norms, so I can't really foresee any change. It seems however that the E4 has made some serious damage, as some models will no more be available in Europe from next year on.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts