StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey people.

Richards mum is a bit worried.

Has anyone heard anything from him in the last few days.

Are there any members down around La Buta Mexico that might know something?

Last Spot track was between La Buta and Batopilas Mexico near a river.
Here - google maps

No movement in the last 4 or 5 days on the SPOT tracker.

Richards Site

Cheers
GrahamD

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
He probably lost the spot, don't panic, and thanks for all the fish. You may want to ask on ADV as they have a greater chance of having folks in Mexico. Only member I know of personally is in Mexico City and probably cannot help. Let me know if you need help in Mexico City area though and I'll PM him.

-GW

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
I've gotten regular spot updates. His blog is behind, I'm assuming due to a lack of access to the net.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
There was no Spot activity for a few days. It started again today. I expect he'll have an interesting blog report when he gets Internet access again.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I am (just a little bit) worried, but hey I worry alot about everything. I like to go to his spot page and see him moving. That thing works every where. He is most likely in a dead phone / innernet access area and has turned off his spot for some reason.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
He is most likely in a dead phone / innernet access area and has turned off his spot for some reason.
Spot will only send a position beacon for something like 14 hours and then it stops until you re-set it. On a long ride, I usually miss at least one day resetting it.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Spot will only send a position beacon for something like 14 hours and then it stops until you re-set it. On a long ride, I usually miss at least one day resetting it.
Thanks... I did not know that. That makes me feel better. Maybe he found a sinurita (sp) {girl} that has lots of fresh choriso. He seems to like that spicy sausauge.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
There was no Spot activity for a few days. It started again today. I expect he'll have an interesting blog report when he gets Internet access again.
I've gotten at least one every day....I have to admit I didn't check the location, but an "I'm OK" message has arrived each day.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,047 Posts
I was just checking the locations. He did drop the bike but not badly and has an update posted today.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
I've gotten at least one every day....I have to admit I didn't check the location, but an "I'm OK" message has arrived each day.
Position beacons are sent every ten minutes. I'm Okay and 911 alerts are sent manually.

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
Position beacons are sent every ten minutes. I'm Okay and 911 alerts are sent manually.
Good to know. And...looks like all is well with TS, he has an update today.

For those that don't have his blog bookmarked, here it is.

http://travellingstrom.com/

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yep he has a new blog post up.

I was just looking at the SPOT page he has up and no change in Days plus no update in the same number of days.

Is that "I'm OK" on THAT page or is it only sent to a select few?

Cheers
Graham

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
He is simply lying in a drunken stupor somewhere because he found out that whilst he was in Mexico a Mexican team the Melbourne Storm thrashed a team of Canetoads then a team of Cockroaches on their way to winning their second NRL grand final in recent years. Born and bred Canetoads have difficulty with information overload like that.

When he sobers up he will get back to riding. :mrgreen:

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Yep he has a new blog post up.

I was just looking at the SPOT page he has up and no change in Days plus no update in the same number of days.

Is that "I'm OK" on THAT page or is it only sent to a select few?

Cheers
Graham
Hey I would like to know the answer to this too. I do not see anything on the Spot page today that says anything about I'm OK. He just up-dated his blog again. Tonight is going to be a party (fiesta). Him and the other feller Vincent will tie one on I bet.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Hi all, I am fine, there was just some confusion.

This is how it works, a select few people who MAY be in a postion to help in some way, get an OK message at the beginning and end of the day. This is just to show I am OK. The tracks are only used when I move.

In this case I was stationary for 3 days, the OK messages were going to those on my list, inlcuding my mum who gets worried :) As long as an OK message gets through twice a day, I am OK, if one gets missed, then look at tracks, web update etc etc.

The reason I do not allow the SPOT OK messages to go through to the Spot Trip Manager page is for the following reason, sometimes I am staying in private homes, the OK message from a specific GPS location would then be available for anyone who wants to know, this I feel breaches privacy and is also a security issue, I believe so in any case.

There are two members of this forum, 2mbstone and Saab463 who both get my OK's, but I am unsure whether they were fully aware what they signified. I have since sent an email to all OK recipients, so the issue should not arise again.

Sorry to have been a worry, but thanks for thinking of me, with all the guns being fired in the last few days, it may have been warrented ;)

Cheers
TravellingStrom

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
He is simply lying in a drunken stupor somewhere because he found out that whilst he was in Mexico a Mexican team the Melbourne Storm thrashed a team of Canetoads then a team of Cockroaches on their way to winning their second NRL grand final in recent years. Born and bred Canetoads have difficulty with information overload like that.

When he sobers up he will get back to riding. :mrgreen:
I think I understand what you meant, but I have no clue how you said the thing that I think I understand.

It's times like this when I recall to mind that reliable old proverb; The road is wide, but the camel sees all.

:mrgreen:

·
Registered
870 Posts
He is talking out of his arse, cos he is Mexican 2mbstone :lol:

I think I prefer the ones where I am now, at least they have rough tounges and big guns, none of this sweet talking bullshit K1W1 throws out at times, <g>

Cheers
TravellingStrom

·
Registered
3,257 Posts
He is talking out of his arse, cos he is Mexican 2mbstone :lol:

I think I prefer the ones where I am now, at least they have rough tounges and big guns, none of this sweet talking bullshit K1W1 throws out at times, <g>

Cheers
TravellingStrom
You be careful and (continue to) have fun! :yesnod: And don't worry your Mother! :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts