StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Garmin nuvi 500 is mounted in between the madstad arms and sits in a tourtech craddle.I have tilted it every which way and still have a considerable glare when the sun is behind me. Has anybody found a solution. I can't find a robust screen/shade protector . I thought about trying one of those anti glare skins for cell phones to see if that works.:headbang:

·
Premium Member
3,722 Posts
Piece of light cardboard bent and taped over the top as a sunscreen? If that works get some thin styrene sheet (any good hobby shop), bend it to fit with a heat gun, and paint it black. Add a couple of pieces of Velcro for a more permanent fix.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
If the sun is behind you and hitting the screen directly, there isn't much you can do. If it's off-axis at all, what SCraig sez should help.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Glare Stomper

i used a white plastic section of milk jug and duct tape, which did the job; i just bought the glare stomper which should also work fine.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi Guys

I have developed a ridgid plastic GPS sunshade that is UV resistant and adjustable to various models. I am making two sizes, one for cars and one for trucks. Can anyone advise me of the dimensions for truck GPS units and does anyone know of a good company in US who I could distribute my products through.

Gordy

·
Registered
14,840 Posts
My nuvi sits in a ram aquabox. I got a black plastic binder and cut it, heated to bend it and then riveted it to the aquabox. Works great

Ditto but with rubber sheet from Osh and attached with velcro.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts