StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My glasses are starting to fog up really bad, especially when I'm sitting still. When I am moving, I've got my face shield cracked one notch, and the air flow keeps things clear.

I picked up some anti-fog cleaner from Cycle Gear, but it does not do any good. Does anyone have any other solutions?

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The problem is not my helmet visor fogging up. The problem is my prescription glasses fogging.

·
Registered
776 Posts
simple solution :contacts,

I have the same problem and not found anything that works except getting more air on your lenses

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
diving/scuba anti fog gel. works well anywhere
Thanks, I'll give that a try.

simple solution :contacts,

I have the same problem and not found anything that works except getting more air on your lenses
I can wear contacts for all of 5 minutes before they have to come out. :frown:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
I use
this on my glasses. It works fine.

·
What Kinda Bike Is That?
5,522 Posts
Soap works well.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I've also had this problem for the few years that I've been riding. The pinlock helps to keep the inside of the faceshield clear, but does nothing for the eyeglass fogging. In my case, I also have lenses with an antireflective coating and it is almost impossible to get anything on them to stop the fogging. I tried a couple of different "cat crap" type things and looking through the smeared grease was worse than the fogging.

The only thing that seems to work is ventilation, keep the shield cracked while riding and open the shield when at a light. I'm still on the lookout for something that will work, riding in western Oregon means that much of the year is near dewpoint temperatures and humidity.

Good luck on your search, I'll be paying attention to this thread.

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Over the years while skiing I've tried just about everything. The best works about half as well as I'd like. Cat Crap is OK, not great. The anti-fog cloths are OK, not great. Other stuff to rub on or coat & wipe off is either equally mediocre or leaves streaks. Rubbing dry soap on, or shaving cream, then buffing off dry works as well as the rest. All these make the water sheet on the surface instead of beading up. Even if it sheets evenly, that is still one more imprecise layer you have to look through. As you state, ventilation is best to carry the moisture away. There might be a breath deflector that fits your helmet and is a help.

My Scorpion helmet has an optional snowmobile face shield that is double pane and works very well in cool weather. I installed it Wednesday. They also offer an electrically heated shield which would be essential if you're in freezing fog, etc.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I've tried catcrap, mixed results at best and not long-lasting, soap, other anti-fog stuff from ski shops and such....little to no good results.

However, as someone mention, you can get a helmet designed for snowmobile riding or if you're current helmet has enough room in front of your mouth/chin, use a breath mask that keeps your "hot breath" from fogging up your glasses.

Some folks swear by the Respro Foggy mask, I've no experience with them as it requires mounting points within your helmet to work correctly.

Instead I tried and reviewed the Talus Cold Avenger breath mask, you wrap it around your face and while not specifically designed for motorcycle riding, it works great for me in really cold temperatures.

Again, you need to have enough face between your jaw and your helmet's chin portion for it to fit comfortably.

It works for me, and it helps keep me warm as well.

The Review

hth

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
FogTech and Sea Drops work on the glasses, Pinlock for the shield.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Same problem here. I have found the only thing that works is raising the shield at a stop and leaving it cracked when in motion.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts