StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, another winter seems to be behind us here in PA, and another winter where I convinced myself to NOT replace the 650 for something with cruise and hand warmers, and instead just add them to my bike. And, another winter where I did neither. I always feel like I have "all winter" to get these things done, and before I know it, it's time to get it out and ride. Maybe I'll take the time to do it this spring....maybe. :(

·
Registered
106 Posts
You should treat yourself to some Oxford heated grips. I just installed them on my bike, and just need to button up the wiring and the used PC8 I picked up over the winter. I have yet to use them but they seem very well constructed and will help immensely in the early spring and fall.

·
Registered
15,238 Posts
Park the bike in front of the television. That would be an incentive to get the projects done so you can vegge during the cold weather. The wife's pestering about the bike in the TV room would give you cause too.

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
Understandable. I took it easy this winter, a new house took all time, attention, and MONEY away from thoughts of farkling the Wee. Broke her out this week for a couple of hours and caught the fever; ordered a new top case, oil change kit and fixed the broken seat latch from last year. New exhaust might be enough to keep the wandering eye at bay for another year, now looking forward to some two wheeled adventures.

Good luck to you!

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
In Spring/Summer/Fall it is time to ride, in Winter the garage is too cold to work on it, and what is the point in fixing it up when you can't even take it out for a test ride after?

Everything gets fixed eventually anyways.

Should I do the chain and sprockets, or chance another season on it... hmm.. not seeing any wear on them yet, only 48k km's on it. I could put that new wiring harness in though, it has a switch for the Aux flood lights.

·
Registered
437 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Park the bike in front of the television. That would be an incentive to get the projects done so you can vegge during the cold weather. The wife's pestering about the bike in the TV room would give you cause too.
Don't really watch a lot of TV. I spent a lot of time in the garage, just on different projects. Now, the wife pestering to get it out of the living room would definitely work. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts