StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a Heads Up. I just received Rifle Windscreens system for the Strom. This assembly was easily installed and gives the option for about five degrees of rake. I chose the 5 inch taller version, which is also wider. Very minor interference with the mirrors, but this was easily fixed with an adjustment of the clutch and brake assemblies. First ride down backroads, with a return on the interstate, revealed only mild buffeting at speeds of 75 mph. Seems to be a great improvement over stock. www.rifle.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
And I'd have a hard time sending my $200 to a company that refers to a DL650 as a "600."

·
Registered
327 Posts
Not a bad looking screen, except for the black 'radiation shield' - what's that all about? :?

BTW the site must have been updated as it said 650 when I looked.

Al

·
Registered
158 Posts

Mountaintime05, I have a modified Rifle 5+ inches and extra wide. I cutout the sides so I could still use the handguards. I've ridden 4,500 miles with it, it works good.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I've liked the look of the rifle since it came out, just haven't gotten up the courage to buy one.... thanks for the report, let us know how its working after a month or two & lotsa lotsa miles!!! :D

·
Premium Member
726 Posts
Got my Rifle several weeks ago, same "touring" model. I like it. Still don't have that bubble effect, but it's a lot closer. I was about to get the CalSci, when someone mentioned the Rifle. Checked it out and liked the looks better, choosing one is such a crapshoot anyway. Do like the easy adjust bracket. Makes experimentation easier. Might do just a little trimming for the handguards, didn't opt for the pretrimmed model.
By the way, that "radiation shield" is just that, active stealth technology. Can't say more about it, classified ya know, other than to say, buy one and you'll never have another speeding ticket...but, you didn't hear that from me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts