StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently aquired an 08 DL650 with some minor wear and tear and thought it would be fun to try some vinyl vehicle wrap on it. I was hoping to find some matte finish desert tan, but settled for my second choice of matte finish military green. So, on a recent warm day, I tore the plastic pieces off of the bike and spent a few days working on then in the basement. I was hoping to get it done before Thanksgiving, but it took longer than I thought and I ended up skipping the tank for now. I included a photoshoped pic of what it would look like with the tank done.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
That looks Superb!

I wish I didnt absolutly love to color of both my Stroms so I could do this. Maybe its time to find a beat up old bike just so i can do this.:confused:

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
some matte finish desert tan,

I'm thinking of rattle canning mine in a desert tan. I painted a Jeep that color once. Love It!
Your OD green looks good though.
From what I've read the vinyl is far more expensive that a few cans of paint.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
some matte finish desert tan,

I'm thinking of rattle canning mine in a desert tan. I painted a Jeep that color once. Love It!
Your OD green looks good though.
From what I've read the vinyl is far more expensive that a few cans of paint.
I "rattle canned" a Jeep matte black a few years ago, but the paint didn't hold up like factory paint. I may end up painting it anyway when warm weather gets here. The vinyl thats on the bike now cost $60. Painting it would probably be about $30 for paint and sand paper, but I sure don't miss the sanding.

·
Registered
15,075 Posts
Oh, I did the Jeep in real auto paint. Primer and sanding and every thing. I also prepped and painted a friends jeep so he paid for my stuff.
I did do a rattle can job on my R65 beemer, it turned out remarkably well. Fooled a lot of folks.

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
The wrap is alot easier to reverse or change colors then paint.
I like the look with the black tank better too.
It blends with the seat and frame.
Mike

·
Registered
441 Posts
I might need to look into this because my 03 Yellow bike has a stress crack from the windshield and it has been down on one side. Doing the tank is a PITA, but I love the idea of a flat military green like this. Though, the bright yellow it is now sure is Hi-Viz....

Looks great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts