StromTrooper banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My used Wee came with a GIVI case and mount, and I did not want to spend money on the adjustable one. I've been out the machining game for almost a decade, but I still have access and a 6 pack of Yuengling still buys a lot of time.

I found a $9 drop of aluminum, and I was on the way. The simple idea was to cut the bolt pattern again but further back and make them slots. I was worried about the length, but I put a 20lb weight on it and kicked it around. The only give was in the actual Givi to plastic plate.

My buddy has a batch of parts leaving to be anodized, and I will send this for free. In the end, I cut a set of slots that I didn't need, so you could have your local machinist make you one, non anodized, for ~$45, and it will last beyond your bike and be solid.

Side note, I fixed those damn bar mounts while I was at it, and I need to zip up the brake light cable. I cut a slot for it, but didn't have it tied up.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Nice idea and good work. I haven't had any complaints from my passengers about space, except once when I gave a girl a ride, and she had to wear a backpack cause the trunk was already full with her other stuff.

Machining your own parts is very satisfactory.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
With where mine was mounted and the addition of the back rest, it forced a passenger to lean forward as if on a sport bike. It was extremely uncomfortable, and I adjusted it as much as could, but it wouldn't work.

I'll get the cad plans of what I did and post them if anyone wants to add to them for their own purposes.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Very Nice solution! It looks like you could easily do this in a normal persons garage (no machine shop) with a skill saw and a drill press. The slots would have to go but with proper planning I don't think they would be needed and could be replaced with holes for a moved back but static mount.

Great idea!

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I do need a better seat than the Sargent, and as far as it being slid back so much, I slid it back that far for the photo to show adjustment.

The seat had nothing to do with the fact no one could sit as a passenger with the previous Givi mount.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts