StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

I'm Alex, from leicestershire (currently) in the uk. Another new vstrom owner, with a shiny new black 2011 650 ABS. I've noticed lots of interest in the new shape/redesigned 650 on the forum, so ask away with questions.

In exchange, can any of you fine people describe exactly how the larger 19 inch wheel on a adventure/trail/tourer bike like the strom affects handling and counter steering? I have come from a yammy xj6, and I was a lot more confident leaning and counter steering, especially at low speed, on the smaller sport bike. Perhaps it's confidence, but I'm not finding the new vstrom as 'chuckable' as the yamaha.

And any must have farkles/addons? I do 12-14k a year, mad enough to commute on a bike, so anything to make the winter easier. I've already got some stock hand guards and engine guards.

I'm also going to the ride to the wall event on 1st October, any other riders in the midlands attending?

Ride safe,

Alex

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks high pipes, as mentioned I've just bought the new 2011/12 650 abs wee, so let me know if you have any questions, it's a heck of a bike so far.

Although with 2ft deep standing water to breach in the last two rides home from work, I'm considering a jet ski.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Wee :)

I am thinking that your Wee has a a longer wheelbase, higher center of gravity, and more trail than the Yammy - so yes, it is not as chuckable. And as a result - you need a stronger push on the bars to initiate a turn.

I sure as heck notice the diference between my Kawasaki EX250 (Ninjette) and the Wee everytime I switch between the two bikes. I prefer the Wee at low speeds - more stable, even at a stoplight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I guess I'm a lurker until the '12 arrives here in the states, but I wanted to ask a quick question. I've read a LOT of info on buffeting at speed. Any experiences at superslab speeds that you can share?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts