StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will put a new seat on my new Vee. I have had Corbin and like them. firm but comfortable for the long haul. I would like to try a Sargent, but have read in this forum as well as others that they are a bit on the soft side. Any 250lb +Sargent seat owner's care to chime in?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I had Corbins on two previous bikes and found them very comfortable but didn't want to go that way on the strom because of the weight penalty of the Corbin. First change was a Mayer from ebay(great improvement over stock but the "step"was to far forward for me) next a Sargent also a nice seat but too soft for my 250 lbs. I finally traded the Mayer for a Corbin and for me it works the best. This was on the Wee I have had since 05. Last summer I bought The Vee I was looking for when I bought the Wee and so far I am happy with the stock seat. YMMV

·
Registered
27 Posts
No experience with a Corbin, but I purchased a Baldwin seat a few months ago and love it. Seems to keep getting better the more I ride (guess I'm breaking it in) I'm at 220 lbs. I had the gel pad put in the seat when I purchased it. Looks great, works great!!!!

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
Try one

Sargent told me, I could test ride one of their seats for 30 days (must buy directly from Sargent), if I didn't like it, sent it back, in like new condition, get a full refund.
Give them a call - 800# on their site
I spent the big bucks for a Daylong and love it!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I've been happy with my Seat Concepts seat. The kit is complete and reasonably priced. Good foam ( I'm 240 ) and comfortable design - Sgt like but much better foam....especially in the psgr zone. I've had the Sgt, Corbin & stock on the bike.

I'll stay with the SC.. Seat Concepts - Products

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've been happy with my Seat Concepts seat. The kit is complete and reasonably priced. Good foam ( I'm 240 ) and comfortable design - Sgt like but much better foam....especially in the psgr zone. I've had the Sgt, Corbin & stock on the bike.

I'll stay with the SC.. Seat Concepts - Products
Nice tip, Seat Concepts looks like a reasonable option to try out.

·
Registered
52 Posts
+1 on the Baldwin. Every time I'm out for a ride I'm amazed at how comfortable the seat is. I can easily do several hundred miles a day without any seat issues.

·
Registered
628 Posts
You will need to make your riding intensions very clear to the person doing the rebuild. I had the seat on my Wee rebuilt by Loren Mock at Baldwin. Through the years I've had other seats rebuilt by Russell, Bill Mayer and Rick Mayer.

On the initial trips (generally to cycle rallies within 500 miles of my home) the Baldwin felt pretty good. However, I was only doing the mileage in one day, rest a couple of days and then ride the miles back to my home.

It was when I rode to the AdvRider Rally in Darby, MT this past July, that I found that on successive, long days in the saddle my upper thighs were not supported enough and they got tired and hurt. For me, that was 2100 miles in four days so I had sufficient time for the lack of support to become a problem.

I sent the saddle back to Loren. He widened it in the seating area (it now measures 18" across at the widest point, where my hip bones are) and added more support under my thighs. It feels a lot better now. I'll have the opportunity to test it next Summer on the way west again to a couple of AdvRider rallies in CO.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts